BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know Tap Size For Pivot Pin Hole In Swingarm ?
Had To Drill Out Old One And Now Need To Clean Threads
Thanks

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
It's an M24 x 1.25 pitch. Available here for $42 delivered.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pivot Pin Tap

Thank You
I Looked All Over Internet For Tap And Could Not Find One
Its Ordered Now
Maybe I Will Be Riding Again By Biketoberfest

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
You all let me know if they have found some more. I ordered one at the last go round and after a week they told me they couldn't find any and refunded my money.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pivot pin tap size

Thank You for the info on tap size. I purchased tap to find out it is not the right size for differential pivot pin on the wheel side of differential.
It does fit other threads on swingarm but not the one I need.
Can some one tell me right size for the tap I need or does anyone have an extra swingarm ?
If anyone needs a 1.25 X 24 Tap I have one.
Thank You for info

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,946 Posts
Reds,

You may want to double check as the jam nut for that pin is listed as a M24 x 1.25 in the Max catalog so it should work.

·
Registered
714 Posts
reds,

I think that part is called the floating bearing stud. Check the attached file to confirm the correct part. I'm not sure of the tap size required but I'm sure someone around here will know.

I'm also sure someone around here will want that 24mm tap. Put an ad in the classified section.

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
reds said:
Thank You for the info on tap size. I purchased tap to find out it is not the right size for differential pivot pin on the wheel side of differential.
It does fit other threads on swingarm but not the one I need.
Can some one tell me right size for the tap I need or does anyone have an extra swingarm ?
If anyone needs a 1.25 X 24 Tap I have one.
Thank You for info
Jeff - Edgar Tanner < eatanner > has an extra swing arm off of an '02 (maybe '03, I'm not sure). I chatted with him this morning and he confirmed it is in my storage unit. I'll be having coffee with him in the morning and will clue him in on your situation. Or you can ping him now. He doesn't get on here real often, butt may see it today - tomorrow for sure!! HTH.

·
IBR# 366
16,545 Posts
Jeff,

When we replaced Coni's slave cylinder, we were able to clean up several of the swing arm threads with an M24 tap, but there was at least one that was too big.

Part 16 in the pic below shows M24 x 1.25. Part 8 shows M48 x 1.5 mm. That may be what you need, or it just may be the thread size in the frame hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts