BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a silver 02 LT. Been thinking about putting some red pinstripes on it.
Any of you guys pinstriped your LT's? Got an ideas or pics?

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I just had pin striping done to my black '08. I'll try to get good pics and post them.
I had the shop use the high reflective white tape that is used for police car lettering.
I was trying to describe it but I think there needs to be pics. I went for an old school BMW look with more night time visibility. You would not believe the number of people who have come up and had complements to give. That includes a number of HD guys.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Nice nascar...I'm not a huge fan of pinstripes, but that looks really good, and is not over done. Very clean and classy looking.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those are some good lookin' stripes guys.
Thanks for the ideas....

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Nascar,
Now you have about what I did to mine. Simple but very BMW like. I've got to post some pics.

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Galls.com has reflective striping by the roll in many colors. I put a single reflective stripe on the top edge of the bottom trunk half. The stripe and cycle are both blue so it barely shows in daylight but really stands out at night.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nice bike nascar. Elegant, understated, consistent with the bikes design.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Dont forget to put a couple of skull heads and ghost flames on it. Im with Ron K Miller - less is more on a BMW unless its lights or chrome.

Jim

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Here is my LT with pinstripes. The pic inside gives an idea of how it looks at night, reflecting(hi vis tape). You also see how the J-Pegs look as I put the black reflective tape on them plus the reflective piping on the tank bag. There is no striping on the rear but I did add red reflective tape on the bag chrome and on the top rack.
I just wanted that old school BMW look.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts