BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 BMW1200LT with the BMW intercom system (I believe made by J&M). There is a 6 pin DIN plug in the middle of the unit used to plug in an FRS or CB. Does anyone have the pinout for this plug or the cable that plugs into it. I believe it is a Y adapter with a 3.5mm speaker miniDIN and a 2.5mm Mic miniDin on one end and the 6 pin DIN on the other end. I hear they are hard to find...

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Jim

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
That jack is for FRS radios. The original cord that BMW sold was for the Kenwood FRS. I don't have the pinout for that cord here at work, but I will look when I get home and see what I can find.

Ron

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
I was able to find the part numbers of the 3 cords available:

99 99 0 000 199 for the Kenwood Free-talk
99 99 0 000 200 for the Motorola Talk-about
99 99 0 000 201 for the Motorola Talk-about (T-series)

These were made by J&M for their system but had to be purchased through a BMW Dealer.

Ron

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Good luck with finding the BMW side of the comsystem. Several have tried and failed but some have prevailed... here is what I have..

http://www.bmwlt.com/files/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=3

Pm me if you need anything else....

JimAustinTX said:
I have a 2001 BMW1200LT with the BMW intercom system (I believe made by J&M). There is a 6 pin DIN plug in the middle of the unit used to plug in an FRS or CB. Does anyone have the pinout for this plug or the cable that plugs into it. I believe it is a Y adapter with a 3.5mm speaker miniDIN and a 2.5mm Mic miniDin on one end and the 6 pin DIN on the other end. I hear they are hard to find...

Thanks for any info you can provide,

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
:D I also have the OEM Motorola and Kenwood harnesses...I could be persuaded to part with them.. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts