BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,483 Posts
Is the bike new to you ? If you put the 92K on your bike. Maybe something like a ring broke ...or ???

If the bike is new to you..

All I can say is, Don't lug the engine , keep your RPM to over 3000 . 3000 to 4000 ...or more... is the spot the motor likes . If you are running low RPM & a high gear, the motor don't like it:wave

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Do you know if it is stock or has it been chipped? I am with Patric on keeping the RPM up above 3K when riding. Easy low RPM from a stop to get going to save the dry clutch but then keep it above 3K and ride it like you stole it. If it has been chipped or if someone messed with the stock ignition timing then all bets are off.

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Try half of a can of Sea Foam in the fuel in a tank of gas. At the very least it will clean the injectors some and maybe some carbon out of the combustion area.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
13,774 Posts
Although I have never heard an LT ping I know that they will and it will do damage over time. Now having said that and you are a new LT owner I'll give you same advice I give all new LT riders. Never listen to your engine run with your helmet off, the sounds you hear will scare the crap out of you.

Reactions: Patric
1 - 5 of 5 Posts