BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it has been hashed before and floorboards are not everyones cup of tea, but I NEED them. I tried the pegs, really I did but finding them off stops was my problem, too many miles on forward controls, and floorboards I guess.

After looking and dying over the prices. I read all the threads I could, and went with:
Http://www.dodk64.com/

Well I HAVE to say, I am VERY PLEASED! :D

Great price point for boards, VERY fast delivery, and and very EASY install. I got the "down /forward style". Man it is just right for ME.

Just wanted to post up on this great vendor service, and product.

A pic or two:

or two...........

Lee

·
Registered
269 Posts
I had the same lowered floorboards, but had to go with the ones that were higher. Kept scraping on the twisties. I do like them for longer trips though.

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BMWWANDRR said:
I had the same lowered floorboards, but had to go with the ones that were higher. Kept scraping on the twisties. I do like them for longer trips though.
Well I am a bit worried on that also, but need to get it on some back roads and test them.

I learned to not scrape the Road Glide, and trust me, the man who I followed for 1200 miles in West VA, had no mercy on me, or my HOG.

I hope my riding style allows me to run them as they are really comfortable for me.

After I get my first Tupperware "lesson" I want to replace the shifter linkage, and then lower the shifter peg just a tad, I need to raise my foot higher then I like off the board to down shift.

Thank you for the heads up and something to watch for.

Lee

·
Registered
794 Posts
WoW! ! !
I would scrap them off in the first curve... :eek:

I have been looking for something that will raise the pegs.
I even drag the passenger pegs.
Scares the crap out of the wife.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Get some shocks, after I replace my stockers with ohlins I was able to put the lowered pegs back on and so far no scrape.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Former cruiser rider here too so I bought them. Love the boards but kinda freaked me out at first when my toe dragged on tight turns. Found that I just needed to lift my toe when attacking turns and curves. Only scraped once on the trip to and from Eureka Springs last week. Those twisties are as tight as I'll see so that's good enough for me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm definitely adding those to the wish list. A new seat and some MotoLights come well before those, though. :)

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonna go run a quick 50 or so, at least as soon as it cools down a bit here in Pennsatucky. Been unbearable humidity and heat.

Back on topic, will try them out in my "little valley" 28 mile ride. I know it well and can run it hard so I will see.

Not sure on the dragging toe part, I still keep pretty much of my foot back on the boards, and my toes are pretty much even with the front of the board. I like the ergonomic position of the pegs, or the angle it sets your ankle too. I just did not like them in stop and go.

I really want to get aggressive on it tonight and see.

I am sure this is because I am a wimp on the bike :eek:

When I look at the "clearance" I have to make the bike lean over that far I would think I can ride them. If not, I will try the strait ones, and then back to the peg if it don't work out.

I did notice that the front pegs were spring loaded, and if I was ever that far over to collapse them, it would be because I had lost control, and was crashing :p

You knee scraping guys got that :eek:

Thanks big_ed

big_ed said:
Former cruiser rider here too so I bought them. Love the boards but kinda freaked me out at first when my toe dragged on tight turns. Found that I just needed to lift my toe when attacking turns and curves. Only scraped once on the trip to and from Eureka Springs last week. Those twisties are as tight as I'll see so that's good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I must be ascared because I did not make them drag on my run. Did not "try" but did go a little more aggressive.

If I out ride them I will proceed backward as I said in my other post.

I do LOVE them though. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
my only concern...

..is, if you join DA (droppers anonymous), you will probably snap off the mount. I had the Suburban lowering kit and dropped the bike and it broke off the foot peg mounting ear. After that, no more lowering kit. I only mention it because I found myself in Tennessee, on a Sunday without my right foot peg. I ended up going to a dirt bike shop, taking a peg off of a wrecked dirt bike, borrowing a drill and modifying it to fit, just to ride home 900 miles. Just a little heads up.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have some serious knee issues that caused me to add the boards shortly after I got my LT. They make a BIG comfort difference -particularly on long rides but I had concerns about scraping as well.

I've done it one time at very slow speed, and I knew that was coming: I was TRYING to touch them down just to get a picture of how much lean I have available. Having done that, you do lose some available lean. That's can be dealt with, however. I am conscious of them and make an effort to shift body weight to reduce lean angles when I find a curve tightening, and that pretty well takes care of it. Ideally, I wish they were hinged so there was less chance of having them seriously disrupt things by touching down.

As to dropping the bike, my tactic is known as whistling past the grave yard!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts