BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys;

Just finished installing the Hyperpro springs and started putting the bike together.
Hooked up the stingray and attached the wires, and tried the electrics.

everything worked except the Piaa's. Switch does not light up. Checked the fuse connected to the + side of the battery and it looks good.

Is there something that I am missing??

Don't want to take the tank off again ( holes don't line up easily!!) but might have to do this Sat. I will get another fuse and try again, hopefully its the fuse.

Any suggestions??

Bowdon

·
Registered
577 Posts
My PIAA harness had one of those plastic tie in thingys that did not make a good contact. did a hard wire to the running lights and no problems. this was on my CLC

hope for you it is something easy like this

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tobiwan said:
My PIAA harness had one of those plastic tie in thingys that did not make a good contact. did a hard wire to the running lights and no problems. this was on my CLC

hope for you it is something easy like this
tobiwan;

The PIAA's were working before I started the tear-down for the spring change on the shocks. They were installed by a dealer when I picked up the bike two years ago.Will check with a new fuse and see it that the problem, maybe the switch just decided to let go.

There is only one wire ( white) that is hooked up to the battery+ side, but looks like it was like that since the beginning.

I think the wires with the relay runs along the underside of the gas tank!! I guess I might have to remove the tank again!

Bowdon

·
Premium Member
2011 R1200RT
8,169 Posts
If the switch does not light up you may just have a bad connection, not from the battery, but from where the switch get the + side (salved to the low beam maybe), or a bad ground.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys;

I changed the fuse and it changed nothing, no power no lights.

I was starting to take the plastic off because I thought I would have to take the gas tank off to see if I missed a cable, and my wife passed by the garage and asked how things were coming along. I said that there was an electrical problem and the PIAA's would not work. She said , tell me about the problem!!! While she was looking at the battery and surrounding area, she said what about this black wire, it has a clip on it, must be something inportant!! ( Yea Right!!). I checked and found the other end lying near the muffler, put both pieces together, clipped them on the frame and checked the lights, and VOLIA!! they worked!!!
As Leah was walking away, she mentioned that if there was any other electrical problems, she would be going shopping and hopefully she would help with the problems when she gets back!!

Go figure!!

Now I have to put everything together and make sure she is ready to ride!!!

Bowdon :histerica

1 - 5 of 5 Posts