BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have lost my installation instructions for these lights on my K1200LT. Anyone still have these and could scan? or know where I could find them would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much. I have looked forever for my copy, to no avail. I hope I can return the favor to someone sometime.

Thanks again

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought an 05 K1200LT and I have a noob issue, it has these lights under the front fairing but above the front tire. As I understand it, it should be tied in with teh hi-beams, I cant get them to turn on. I checked the fuse and it ohms out as good. Next I'll remove a bulb and check for continuity, but I doubt that both are blown at the same time. Maybe the switch is located underneath the tupperware, but if thats the case, I'll just ride it until I plan on doing maintenance. Could the relay be replaced by a generic relay?

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
I just bought an 05 K1200LT and I have a noob issue, it has these lights under the front fairing but above the front tire. As I understand it, it should be tied in with teh hi-beams, I cant get them to turn on. I checked the fuse and it ohms out as good. Next I'll remove a bulb and check for continuity, but I doubt that both are blown at the same time. Maybe the switch is located underneath the tupperware, but if thats the case, I'll just ride it until I plan on doing maintenance. Could the relay be replaced by a generic relay?
My PIAAs are separately controlled from the high and low beam lights, as I use them for safety/conspicuity. I have mine set up through an AS-7 Autoswitch, that controls the lights via a double click of the turn signal cancelling switch. You might want to try that. I mounted the AS-7 under the pillion seat on top of the rear fender. The PIAAs also came with an LED that emits a green light when on or red when off. You might look for that - I mounted mine peeking out from under the right hand handlebar cover, where the brake switch and throttle cables are routed. :wave

Reactions: Guitarlos

·
Registered
19 Posts
Many thanks JNW003! Turns out that with mine, you have to hold the turn signal release button for a second or more. Never in a million years would I have found that with a momentary switch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts