BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The previous owner (PO) had a pair of PIAAs installed, but removed them when he experienced issues with them. I troubleshot the problem to a defective relay, and they are now functional. The PO told me they were mounted under the fairing, but I cannot find a mounting location that fits the bracket. Any ideas from the attached photo?

Thanks,

Rob, 2000LT
Navarre, FL

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That helps Jim. Do you have a front view photo that has both lights? If you don't mind, I'd like a copy of your installation notes.

Cheers,

Rob
Navarre, FL

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
Take a look at the June 2014 thread "Help with PIAA" (I don't know how to provide the link to it like others do on this site, but would if I knew how…). Here's a picture of mine from the front. :wave

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Top tip Dave with the "Help with PIAA" thread. Found it and downloaded the instructions. The clue light came on with your photo.

Rob
Navarre, FL

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
first look at thread since yesterday. other member pic was helpful, should have sent you my complete instruction set ?

I am picking up a used 02 LTE on Friday, back in saddle again..!

Going to put some PIAA's on it a little later. It already has lights under tip-over wings, may leave them on, or not ? Will decide after I see how much light they provide..? I would really like to add some J-Pegs, and they will have to come off to install the pegs !

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm finishing the PIAA install with the last step being the electrical for power. I'm a electrical Neanderthal. The previous owner had a Centech AP-1 installed for accessories which I intend to wire the PIAA harness into. There is a 20 amp inline fuse with the PIAA harness. What gauge wire is appropriate to run from the on/off rocker switch switch to the Centech?

Rob
Navarre, FL

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,245 Posts
The switch should be controlling the relay and that can be fairly light wire as the relay switches the high current (20 amp fused harness).

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mr. Google recommended 12 gauge wire for a 20 amp fuse. I also bought a 20 amp automotive rocker switch. Sounds like I went a little overboard. Will the wire or switch cause electrical issues with the PIAAs?

Rob
Navarre, FL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts