BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of PIAA 1100's installed and controlled with an Autoswitch with the TS cancel switch. Problem is that when the bike is running it will trigger the lights maybe 20% of the time. When the bike is not running and the key in the full on position the lights will fire 100% of the time. Anyone have any experience with this, it's a little curious.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I was/am having the same problem. Autoswitch in TS cancel but with Micro DE Xenon lights. I "think" I am releasing the TS too soon when they kickon. I still need to play with it since it is all new to me. Might be because of the surge in the system too. Sorry its not any help.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Did you install the little "Lights are on" LED so you can see it. I had some trouble with mine, mentally timing how long I held the switch down, until I went back and installed the LED in the dash. It gives you a nice flashing indication when you have held the switch down long enough to cycle the lights on or off. If you do it in the garage, whether the engine is running or not, it isn't a problem because you can see the lights. Until I installed the LED, I spent a lot of time positioning myself behind cars, trying to see if the lights were on or off in the reflection.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I have the light installed. Strangest thing is, sometimes it will glow green even when the lights don't fire. I am going to check the relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts