BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All -

After having them for a few years on another bike, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the latest version of Skene Designs Photon Blasters for my 2005 LT.

One of the new "features" is that of "Alert!" - flashes them rapidly a few times when the brakes are tapped twice within 1 second. In order for this feature to work, it obviously has
to tie into a wire that has 12vdc + when the brakes are applied. While I could run a wire all the way back to the rear of the bike and tap into it there, I'd prefer not to.

Anyone know of a wire in the front part of the bike that meets this requirement? Thanks!

Daniel

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,259 Posts
Yes on all models it is the gray green wire coming off of the brake light relay under the fuel tank. Much easier to run a wire all the way back to the tail light housing and tap into it there.

That is the only way to make it work with either brake. If you have a 99-2001 (early bike with ABSII) you can tap into the right front harness for the front brake switch - same color wire but this will not work on the 2001 on I ABS bikes. On these bikes the ABS unit drives the brake light relay.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jzeiler said:
Yes on all models it is the gray green wire coming off of the brake light relay under the fuel tank. Much easier to run a wire all the way back to the tail light housing and tap into it there.

That is the only way to make it work with either brake. If you have a 99-2001 (early bike with ABSII) you can tap into the right front harness for the front brake switch - same color wire but this will not work on the 2001 on I ABS bikes. On these bikes the ABS unit drives the brake light relay.
John -

Thanks for the info - I was afraid it would be something like that - it'll be the lesser of two evils...barely... :rotf:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts