BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you know that I’m on the board of my Blue Knights chapter as a ride director. For this year I’ve started to put together a photo-tour challenge for the chapter members. The way it works is I will post a photo of my bike in front of a specific location in each of the nine Bay Area counties. I’ll tell them the county, and give a clue, but I won’t say exactly where the location is. The object for them is to solve the clue, ride to the location, and photo their bike at the location. For every correct photo they obtain they get their name put in a drawing at our Christmas party at the end of the year. One correct photo – name goes in once. Get all nine photos, their name goes in nine times. So far the grand prize is a Starbucks gift card. (Yeah, I know. I might come up with something better later on.)

I’m working with our chapter webmaster to put these photos up on our chapter website. It should officially start on March 1st. But I thought I’d post them here just for the heck of it if any one wants to play along for fun. And any CA 7 members here (Capt John, motorgod) get a head start!

Some places will probably be obvious, some maybe not so much. I only have seven counties so far. I should have Contra Costa, and Santa Clara counties by the end of the month.

For you RCB members, you might see some of these locations again in another tour later this year.:)

The Franciscans built this Alameda County location in the 18th century.

This Marin County location sits just up from the beach and bay named after a 16th century English privateer.

This Napa County location sits in one of the county’s other valleys; one that shares a name with a guy who is German, lives in Italy, and is guarded by Swiss.

This San Francisco County location is a pointed reminder of our nation’s need for national defense since the 1850’s.

In spit of the name of this San Mateo County location, mariners before the advent of radar and GPS probably did not think it was for the birds.

Just outside of this Solano County town’s city hall are two granite plaques — one for the V.F.W., another to Humphrey the Whale. Isn’t that a nice river view?

In a straight line this bridge is probably not much more than half a mile away from the Don Clausen Fish Hatchery. But I doubt you could ride to it in a straight line -- even on a GS.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Marin County - Looks like Point Reyes

Napa County is Pope Valley

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Last Pic is Rock Pile Rd over Lake Sonoma I believe.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Pigeon Point Lighthouse. Now I need to go for a ride:) Thanks Tom:cool:

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
tlash said:
Alameda Co. -- swing and a miss, strike one.
OK I figured it out - Mission San Jose in Freemont

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ted Shred said:
OK I figured it out - Mission San Jose in Freemont

Now that Ted has provided the answers, all everyone has to do is go ride there.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
Dan-A said:
Yo Shredder... I don't think that's what he had in mind. :cool:
Don't worry Dan. I asked permission first:p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts