BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody figure out the best to hook an Android phone up to our bikes, and be controlled by our handle bar controls through an aux cable?

I have a 03 LT with Zumo 550 GPS and Beahr Intercom.

I can use my phone through the 550 but not my music.

I can listen to my music through the Beahr Intercom's aux cable, but can't control the volumn or scroll through the music through the handle bar controls. And if someone calls me, the aux cable takes priority, so the phone answers, but I since there is no "mic in" I can hear them, but they can't hear me. And I can't reject the call.

Or, I can hook it up through an aux cable into the cd player as outlined in this thread. This lets me control the volume, but still have the phone answering problem. http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8680&highlight=removal

I guess my question is if anyone has come up ways to keep our old bikes up with our technology.

At least until someone wants to sell me a low mileage used 1600GTL.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I've looked and have never been able to find an integration kit for any Android phone. They don't have standard ports, and actually most have absolutely no audio/control ports. The iPhone/iPod is easy to integrate because of the control/audio dock that is the same on every model. I have full integration and control with my iPhone using a control box I made myself, and feeding audio through my Autocom system.

The box I made would also work for your Android, however you do not get volume control with it.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58843

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I plug my G2 (Tmobile Android) directly into my Starcom, along with inputs for ipod and radio, using standard miniplugs. Works good for music and GPS direction, but while I can call out and talk, the phone only autoanswers through a bluetooth connection.

·
Registered
270 Posts
calvarez said:
I've looked and have never been able to find an integration kit for any Android phone. They don't have standard ports, and actually most have absolutely no audio/control ports. The iPhone/iPod is easy to integrate because of the control/audio dock that is the same on every model. I have full integration and control with my iPhone using a control box I made myself, and feeding audio through my Autocom system.

The box I made would also work for your Android, however you do not get volume control with it.

http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58843

We can hook up a Autocom feed the main audio signal thru the speaker outputs to the autocom, this way you maintain volume control and can select between the cd, fm, etc. The 550 would also still have volume control through the bike. I do not know about the remote operation but you would then pair your phone to the 550 and control phone calls through the 550..........Kieth call 918-446-2245 if you want to discuss further......and yes they do keep moving the target on all these electronics don't they.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts