BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know any thing about these wheels?

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
I can't say I have seen them before, or know what they cost or where to get them, but that doesn't matter cause I think they are UGLY...:surprise:

But whatever floats your boat...Their construction is certainly unique...

-John

·
Registered
568 Posts
Ugly..........

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I know, I have eyes, I can see. I should have been more specific. The red part has the word Phoenix cast on the spokes and the rim is stamped BBS. Are they racing wheels? or What is known about the history of the Phoenix wheel company?
When I bought them they were set up for R series BMW bikes, and they had sport bike tires mounted.

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just a guess but look for BBS wheels with Phoenix as the model name. I have seen wheels with a similar design that were made by BBS on cars. I can even imagine finding a rear wheel from an auto application that would bolt up and work. Steve

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not heard of those wheels...

But I'd be curious as to why anyone would take the time to color INSIDE the tread grooves... :histerica:rotf:

too much free time, I reckon...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping no one would notice, but did you notice I used two colors! But I have a reason. The first bike I installed this set on was a yellow R1150GS. Now red wheels on a yellow bike just doesn't look good. What am I going to do. I'm not going to paint the wheels, I know, I'll add some color to the tires.

This is the yellow bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally found pic of the wheels on the GS

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts