BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The three P´s
In the last couple of weeks Iron Pig has been whining like a bitch, even with a full tank, EEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEEEeeeeeEEEEEE, very embarrassing at trafficlights, and it started to grate on my nerves, I checked things and found that I had a Jacuzzi in the tank from a failed seal, did the usual thing and went to BMW here on fantasy island and was told that a new pump will set me back by 400 euros with 50 euros for the filter, fornicate that, so I want to go to the islands scrapyard and pick up a petrol pump from a car, my question has anybody got an idea what the pressure of the pump is?

·
Registered
100 Posts
The pump from a 90s ford can be modified to fit your bike. There are places in the U.S. that sell the sleeves needed to fit these pumps. I once had a partly clogged filter that caused the pump to strain and make a noise. Euro Motoelectrics sells pumps and kits. I think they ship overseas.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, I found a pump off a Citroen Xsara that fits perfectly, only 30 Euros. Iron Pig is happy again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts