BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of the great climate we have in Johannesburg year round i tend to ride 'gloveless' most of the time. I find the standard grips on my bike tend to make my hands perspire. I previously had a R1200C with leather grips and it did not happen with the leather. Does anyone know of aftermarket grips available for the LT similar to those that come standard on a R1200C?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
I had the R1200C grips put on my BMW before I picked it up. Mine were not leather.
HTH

·
Registered
538 Posts
I was thinking this weekend of a way to increase the diameter of the grip and make it more comfortable without great expense and trouble. THANKS DAVE...Great idea.

·
Registered
654 Posts
It gets very hot in the summer here in Arkansas, but I would ride "gloveless" about as often as I would ride without a helmet, NEVER. My gloves primary duty isn't to keep my hands warm (that's secondary), it's to keep my skin intact.

Just food for thought.

·
Registered
190 Posts
zaphod said:
My gloves primary duty isn't to keep my hands warm (that's secondary), it's to keep my skin intact.
Good point, a little sweat is worth the cost of losing your hands if you would ever go over. 1st reaction is always to reach out towards the point of impact.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Try a good quality deerskin glove. They breathe well and offer great protection too. For summer weight gloves, I like Lee Parks "Deer Tours." d.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I've always loved deer skin gloves but I've also had good luck with the summer mesh gloves. They have good protection and breath well to boot.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Just bought a pair of Gore-tex gloves from the BMW shop. Label says they are goat skin leather with nylon Gore membrane which lets your hands breath and keeps them dry. So far they seem to do the job well. They are also waterproof.

·
Registered
704 Posts
After reading this tip last year I wrapped my grips with tennis racket tape. Cost $2.00 total. They not only look great but are much more cushioned, more comfortable, better grip, and the main grip will never wear out. If you don't like it, take it off with no damage. If you want it thicker, just keep wrapping. Terrific idea. Thanks !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts