BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 K1200LT that has an attached sidecar. I have other bikes for other tasks so this one is truly a dedicated sidecar rig. No plans to remove the sidecar. Can I permanently remove the centerstand? I'd still leave the sidestand "just in case". I don't recall any safety switch tied to the center stand and the only thing of concern that I can think of is the muffler bracket thing that is in the way when doing a gearbox oil change.

Thoughts?

VAC

·
Registered
430 Posts
The answer is yes, My Hannigan trike has no center stand, it is an 02. Not sure about any switches though.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
VACommuter said:
I have a 2000 K1200LT that has an attached sidecar. I have other bikes for other tasks so this one is truly a dedicated sidecar rig. No plans to remove the sidecar. Can I permanently remove the centerstand? I'd still leave the sidestand "just in case". I don't recall any safety switch tied to the center stand and the only thing of concern that I can think of is the muffler bracket thing that is in the way when doing a gearbox oil change.

Thoughts?

VAC
On all my sidecar rigs I left the centerstand on so that I could easily do rear tire inspections. No other reason to keep it that I can think of.

Robert

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
I have a 2000 LT with a Hannigan sidecar and removed the center stand. The only caveat is that the switch attached to the stand must be put in the sidestand up position to start and run the engine. I secured the switch with tie wraps out of the way. I eventually will put a jumper in the connector when I get around to removing the side panel to get at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts