BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The generosity of information from this forum's members is at times awe-inspiring. It's had a huge impact on the enjoyment of my LT. Since I am not as knowledgeable as most members, I thought I might be able to contribute in a different way.

I am not sure if this has been done before on this forum, or even if I am breaking some forum rule, but here it goes. I belong to another forum for my car and they started a "Pay it Forward" (P.I.F.) thread. The response was awesome. It promotes the spirit of cooperation and generosity.

Here is how it works:

A member posts a **free** P.I.F. item. Any BMWLT member, with a minimum of 40 posts is eligible to receive this item. The giver will take names, via post and/or PM for a time length they see fit, at which time the giver will put all names in a hat and pull out the winner. The winner will be notified via PM and announced in this thread. It is up to the giver if the winner is responsible for shipping, and this must be stated in the giver's original post.

The only other rule is that winner MUST and I repeat MUST have an item available that they are willing to Pay It Forward with. If you don't, please don't apply to be a winner. The life of this thread is reliant upon the winner actually Paying It Forward.

Paying It Forward is my way of saying thank you to the other forum members. I am giving away a CB unit with cables and antenna. It is in practically new condition. It is designed to be used with the stock comm system (I have an 03 LTE that it came with). As stated earlier, PM me or create a post in this thread if you are interested. I will accept names until 8:00pm 11/13/2009 at which time, I'll put all names in a hat and ship to winner, at my expense. Again, please do not apply unless you have an item that you're willing to P.I.F with.

If you are interested in posting any P.I.F. yourself simply do so on this thread. Remember, its not about the price, its about vibe :D

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Nice idea and I don't want to discount the effort in any way. I actually don't have any use for this particular PIF, but my way of PIF on this forum is to annually go here and contribute as best I can.

Just my $0.02,
Jer

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jers99lt said:
Nice idea and I don't want to discount the effort in any way. I actually don't have any use for this particular PIF, but my way of PIF on this forum is to annually go here and contribute as best I can.

Just my $0.02,
Jer

I think your's is a great suggestion. One that I will definitely follow. I don't think it is an "either/or" issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts