BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a three VHS tape set showing how to take care of your LT, send me you address and I'll send you the tapes. 903-815-5529 cell

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gone! All you LT rides have a Blaessed and a Happy New Year.

·
Registered
399 Posts
OT: Somebody actually still has VHS @ home???? Amazed... :grin: I do not know anybody having one.
I still haven't decided which is better - VHS or Betamax?

Don't forget to rewind!

Reactions: Patric

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
As a long time member of this board, and an erstwhile contributor, I know of Paul Sayegh's maintenace tapes but I have never seen them.
I bought Paul's Harley rack adaptation for the K1200LT back when there were no other trunk rack options for the KLT. This was before BMW provided the "plastic" top rack on late models of the KLT. Paul's Harley rack remains one of the most function top racks for the KLT.
As a dyed in the wool do it yourselfer, I never felt the need for Paul's videos. However, after so many years, I consider these videos as part of the history of the K1200LT. So when a set of the videos (which I assume to be Paul's) on VHS became available from a generous forum member (Bill), I jumped at the chance. I look forward to watching them.
I have a VHS to DVD converter from having copied old home videos so I'll convert these to DVD. I look forward to watching them and adding them to my collection of K1200LT stuff. If I ever sell my 2000 K1200 LT Icon, the videos will go with the bike to the next owner.

Re: Maintenance Manual on CD or Paul Sayegh Videos

Bill, pure Vermont maple syrup shipped out yesterday USPS priority shipping, should be there in a couple of days.
Thanks, and best wishes to all for the New Year.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I bought a set of the videos off Paul a few years back, maybe 12 months before Kirk started putting his videos online. They came on CD and had originally been shot in NTSC 4:3 format, so he'd obviously copied them over himself.
They were specific to the earlier models, but somewhat useful.
I'm sure they would have been brilliant for earlier do-it-yoursef'ers, but Kirk's HD videos and presentations have superseded them.
Still, any video watching someone else do it first, is better than guesswork! :)

Reactions: deputy5211

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
At least in later model LT's BMW dumped the cassette for a CD player. Yamaha not only kept the cassette player as the lone sound system on the venture till the end in 2012. But also the engine was still carburetoed. Talk about antiquated...

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
I bought the CD's shortly after I bought my 02 and they gave me the courage to do my own service. Been doing it since 04. Saved a bundle on service. A lot of good help for taking off the Tupperware the first time and doing the service. I have not looked at them in years. Jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts