BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Whenever I am using the 2 y/o passport on the LT, it will automatically set the LASER detection off under hard acceleration. When I am using the passport in my truck, the LASER detection is set off whenever I honk the horn, accelerate hard, or turn the wipers on. It used to scare the &*%$ out of me, but now I have become annoyed.

Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix?? Can the Passport be sent in for free upgrades/fixes like the Valentin can??

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
I have a V1 that goes off in my car whenever I beep the horn. I have not figured it out yet.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'm no expert on these matters, but I do know that the V1 is very sensitive to voltage fluctuations and or any kind of intermittant short/fault in the power supply. Could that be the source of your mystery alerts?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am assuming so because it is only doing it during voltage shifts. I was just curious if others had the problem and if it could be cured. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
448 Posts
8500 mystery

Had some similar issues when the 8500 is hooked up to the LED unit in my helmet. Whenever I engage the "Push to Talk" button for my Kenwood FRS, it sets off the radar-- LED in my helmet. Not sure of the cause just yet-- sure open to any ideas. No issues otherwise.

·
Cat Herder
1,492 Posts
HI There, I have an older Passport (not the 8500) and I had an issue with the laser going off all of the time. I sent it back to Cincinnati Microwave and they repaired it for free. CM is now partners with Bell Labs... tvguy

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
I have mine on the dash board of my Jeep. It does the same thing yours does with the laser going off when it want's to. I believe mine does it when it lays in the windshield of the jeep for a couple hours (here in AZ) and the temps are in the 100's and higher. I unplug it and let it cool off for a while and it's fine. On occasion it has messaged that it needs service. I am also not able to set the laser to "off".

You think maybe it's time to send it in for service? :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Radar

My 8500 goes off all the time after sitting in the sun, When I leave work in the summer it shows needs service, I expect to send to CM for service and have quit using it as I believe it is unreliable now. My other car has a live power source so it is on all the time, I had fewer issues when unplugged

Do you think it needs CM service due to the heat?

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
michman said:
Whenever I am using the 2 y/o passport on the LT, it will automatically set the LASER detection off under hard acceleration. When I am using the passport in my truck, the LASER detection is set off whenever I honk the horn, accelerate hard, or turn the wipers on. It used to scare the &*%$ out of me, but now I have become annoyed.

Anyone ever have this problem or know how to fix?? Can the Passport be sent in for free upgrades/fixes like the Valentin can??
I've got a X-50 and it does not do that.
I do know they are very sensitive becasue of all the new radar out there, my pop goes off sometimes in farm area's

Tom

wish i were more help.

·
Registered
836 Posts
My 8500 does it some times on the LT and did also on a RT.

Interesting- it always seemed to be with the sun at a particular angle to the bike so I attribute it to refracturing of the the sun through the windshield (both on CB Baley).

Never happens in car w/o cop with gun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts