BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ideas on were my passenger wife can store a few things. The pocket on the back of my stitch jacket or olympia jacket can be a pain for me, I do not use a backrest no pouch there. Maybe a pouch hanging off a grab handle side??

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
My bride tried using my side pockets but was afraid of dropping something. She is fine with stowing her mess in the top case and when we stop, she uses the mirror in the lid to primp ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RiderRay said:
How about you wearing a fanny pack facing her?
Thats the problem with the pocket on the olympia suit the pocket jams into the small lumbar support I have on the drivers seat.

·
Premium Member
7,647 Posts
Thumperjon said:
Looking for ideas on were my passenger wife can store a few things. The pocket on the back of my stitch jacket or olympia jacket can be a pain for me, I do not use a backrest no pouch there. Maybe a pouch hanging off a grab handle side??
A riding jacket with several large front pockets. Lack of cubby storage is a real shortcoming of the LT. My wife liked out Voyager that had a cubby on top of each side bag and a hanging pouch under the right arm rest. On the LT nada...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
A for-me-undesirable-aestheic, but it may work for others:

Pouches or small containers attached to the tops of the saddlebags.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Got to thinking about this, and came up with (possibly) a real lame idea. How fond of the rear speakers are you? If a guy were to use headphones and not care about the speakers, they might be removed and cubby holes made out of the space. I'm sure someone could come up with a decent looking cover, and they'd be accessible from her seated position - which I assumed was the intent.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Great idea Frank :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
katnapinn said:
This is what she needs !! It will hold EVERYTHING she needs or wants to have with her. :D

I saw a similar rig heading up I-75 in Michigan yesterday with two people on board and with two mountain bikes mounted to the top lid of the trailer!

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
RonKMiller said:
There's already one there - you just need to discover it... ;)

My wife can now fit her walking shoes back there along with her heated vest, scarf and winter gloves.

Ghetto mod #694 - even MORE passenger room!

Really very easy to do... about 2 hours from start to finish and about $5.00.
Awesome, and it truly meets ALL criteria for "Ghetto-Mod Qualification"!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I attached a "Chase Harper" barrel bag to the top handle of the right bag. it contains a stiffner which keeps it barrel like and opens with a zipper, so far so good. Wife said maybe for long trips she does not like being able to grab the handle in case of a quick stop when shes not paying attention.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
You really need to teach your passengers to pay attention. The technique I use is this: when I see them slacking off, I grab all the brakes I can and let out a blood curdling scream. Wakes 'em right up.
Got a pic of your new mod?

·
Registered
99 Posts
fpmlt said:
You really need to teach your passengers to pay attention. The technique I use is this: when I see them slacking off, I grab all the brakes I can and let out a blood curdling scream. Wakes 'em right up.
Got a pic of your new mod?
right..... thats the type of trick you only get to do one time

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Sounds like a great way to get rid of the passenger you DON'T want as a passenger ever again! :thumb:

·
Registered
681 Posts
The nice rack bag I got with the inexpensive goldwing rack from wingstuff that I put on my top box, has 2 mesh pockets on each side of the front with zippers, and a velcro center pouch on the front of the bag. These provide a place for my wifes water bottles, glasses, stuff that she needs accessible when we are on the road. Still kinda struggling with a drink holder for her frappe tho........

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thumperjon said:
OK store a few things for while riding or at rest breaks??
The 13" zipper pocket on my FirstGear jacket is plenty big. I do hope she is not putting on make up back there else I would have to forget about the rear view mirror I was thinking of hanging on my back :histerica
My '85 GW has elbow pads on the top case with zip-up pouches on both sides. The only thing we ever used them for was a water bottle and like someone mentioned you don't really want to drop anything while reaching. Behind my back and directly in front of her is ideal.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts