BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
The smuggler is the only off the shelf solution for removing the back seat. Some folks built mounts to move the trunk forward into the back seat position but I'm not sure who they were. If you do a search on trunk or topcase relocation/move you might find some threads that talk about it.

·
Premium Member
7,795 Posts
Howdy, Marty!

There are a couple of pics... I think you will find with an exhaustive search... where some folks have moved the topcase toward the bow, creating a backrest.... sorry, I don't have the link... I think it actually was mounted where the pillion was previously. In moving, you gain the rear "storage" platform where the topcase previously was bolted.

Anything is "possible"..... but you will find the best solution one of your own creation.

(Disclaimer.. the previous statement is NOT a religious or political one.. nor am I forcing it upon you.) =P

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Marty_Mar said:
http://www.corbin.com/bmw/k1200lt_smug.shtml

Is this the only option to get rid of the back seat?

I have seen a picture a few months back of a trunk moved forward and I have not seen it since. Does anyone have pictures or web links to where I can see what other options are out there?

Thanks! :confused:
Ping David Shealey on this. IIRC, he wuz the first (or one of the first) to detail a procedure for moving the top case forward so it provides (1) a heated backrest for the driver (2) and allows a small shelf location at the rear of the topcase.

I searched a bit in various forums, butt didn't find the pertinent thread.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Trunk relocation

Here is a link. Maybe the picture you remember?

Click

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone have the Smuggler Trunk from Corbin? If so do you have real pictures of it? Thanks for the replies so far. They all have been helpful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts