BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just throwing this out there b4 i have to build or modify sonething - seems the wife's legs are too short
causing the circulation to get cut off - i need to rais the rear foot pegs up 3 inches
anyone out there wiht a set in the garage or spare parts - they don't have to be perfect

thanks :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::waveRichard

·
Registered
343 Posts
Just throwing this out there b4 i have to build or modify sonething - seems the wife's legs are too short
causing the circulation to get cut off - i need to rais the rear foot pegs up 3 inches
anyone out there wiht a set in the garage or spare parts - they don't have to be perfect

thanks :nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::nerd::waveRichard
No spare parts but something exists already. Might have been from wonderlich. I looked at a set so the neice and nephew could ride with me. I looked at them but didnt buy so no idea how great they work. Seems like there were 2 options actually, one that was in effect a redesigned set of pegs and one that was basically just a block that attached like your existing peg with the ability to reattach your peg to the top of the block. Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ilium Works makes a set of adjustable passenger risers. My wife had a similar problem with short legs. These risers solved the problem.

BMW Motorcycle Accessories

Lee Hilsabeck

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
My wife has the opposite problem. Legs are long..Giraffe legs. So i ran across a deal on factory BMW passenger floorboards that are adjustable up and down. Adjusted all the way down and it's just enough. But the adjustment for upward is alot. Anyway. Thats an option finding them used. But they are really pricey. Wonderlich i believe has a set also. Go to beemer boneyard and look for them used

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just machined up a set of riser blocks today
will test them out and see how it goes
all i could find were sets in the $ 500.00 Range and only moved the pedal up 2" and i need 3-3 1/2
so off I went into the corner and put the milling machine to work

thanks Richard

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
i just machined up a set of riser blocks today
will test them out and see how it goes
all i could find were sets in the $ 500.00 Range and only moved the pedal up 2" and i need 3-3 1/2
so off I went into the corner and put the milling machine to work

thanks Richard
Just wondering, what you got for a mill? I have a single J Bridgeport.

Robert

1 - 7 of 7 Posts