BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My copilot and I have been struggling with the issue of her knees as a passenger on the LT, she 'is of the opinion her legs need to drop down further so the passenger pegs need to be dropped. I somewhat disagree and the only items I see for the passenger pegs are to allow the passenger legs to go up not down.

So I have a question for those of you that ride 2 up what did you do for your better half was this an issue for you and what did you do to resolve it?

·
Registered
550 Posts
They make a riders floorboard. One manufacture makes them that can be adjusted up or down. Effectively giving the passenger more room to stretch out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I got Darius' boards for my wife and she is so much happier on the back of our LT. I got me a set too. They are quality.

http://www.dodk64.com/

·
Registered
58 Posts
On our first LT my husband put Darius's floorboards on for me and the fit was great. The new one came preloaded with the BMW floor boards and they leave my knees bent too much and I'm only 5'5. I would take Darius's floorboards any day!

ODHawk's wife

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its pretty a irritating problem from what I see her leg's are at the correct angle and I can't see them being lowered. I've bought the relocation kit for my peg's and I'm going to try adapting them for her I like the idea of floor boards and will more then likely go that route after i get the height adjusted fro her.

·
Registered
83 Posts
+3 on the passenger foot boards, we have used them since 1976,90/6 and on an 84 R100Rt, an now on a 06 Lt. We triked the Lt last June and I had to cut the back off those $ 700 footboards to make them fit, I cried alittle but no complains, we're happy.

Dennis

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
The comment regarding a preference for the generic footboards doesn't make a whole lotta sense,
but then everybody is different
the BMW footboard although pricey are adjustable up and down in about four positions
(my wife loves hers) they also look like they belong on the LT as opposed to a ghetto mod.

One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet regarding the seating position is that you can move the top case back about 2 inches that changes the angle of the passengers legs a little it improved my wife's seating position.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
SilverBuffalo said:
One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet regarding the seating position is that you can move the top case back about 2 inches that changes the angle of the passengers legs a little it improved my wife's seating position.
Good call, Hans. That mod made my wife very happy. I didn't know about it either, until we were on a ride with some other LTs, and I noticed that some had the top case about 2" further back.

Moved mine back, and she's been happier ever since (she wasn't "unhappy" before, just didn't know what she was missing).

·
Registered
601 Posts
SilverBuffalo said:
The comment regarding a preference for the generic footboards doesn't make a whole lotta sense,
but then everybody is different
the BMW footboard although pricey are adjustable up and down in about four positions
(my wife loves hers) they also look like they belong on the LT as opposed to a ghetto mod.

Question: In the lowest position, are the OEM floorboards lower than the original passenger pegs?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts