BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a pair of Kuryakin Transformer Floor Boards on a Goldwing and the wife loved them. I saw a picture of an LT with them and don't know where I saw it. I've looked through the picture thread but it was probably one for sale somewhere that I saw. They don't make a set for the LT so someone adapted them, it's just a matter of what bike setup they adapted them from. From what I remember they looked like they just bolted on. They give you two foot positions and adjust on the fly. I've looked at the BMW ones and Darius but not what I'm wanting. Shot in the dark that the bike I saw belongs to someone on the forum. Any help appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Honda-GL1500-GL-1500-Goldwing-used-Passenger-Kuryakyn-Transformer-Boards-/261519981043?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3ce3ce39f3&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well, I don't know about the Wing floorboards from Kury that can be rigged/adapted to the LT. I've had 3 Wings, '75, '82 and 2002 and I put floorboards on all of them where needed.

I have a '99 and 2007 LT and the only thing I've ever seem as far as driver or passenger floorboards were the Darius and then the BMW. I have Darius for the wife on the '99 and she loved them. When I got the 2007 over in Baton Rouge, the PO had the high dollar adjustable BMW chromed ones on that bike. I think they are somewhere in the near $800 range. But they are fully adjustable as to height and fit her better as she is short at 5'1".

Ilium Works has a Sport Board for the passenger and can be seen at Sierra BMW here. http://www.sierrabmwonline.com/product_info.php/ilium-works-k1200lt-passenger-sportboards-bmw-k1200lt-100-200-p-1552

Good luck in your search. Note - My wife says that anything is better than the pegs for her. :D

·
Registered
593 Posts
my 05 has factory passenger footboards that adjust for height

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
So far as I know the only ones that are "plug n play" are the OEM and the Illium. I got a set of used OEM from someone unfarkeling an LT. My wife loves them. She's short and we have them set to the lowest setting and she doesn't even know they can be raised.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. She doesn't have a problem with the height, I just wanted something that had 2 different foot positions. Floor boards would be a better option than the pegs and if they weren't so expensive I would get some for now but since I know it can be done with what I want I'll just keep looking.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Wife loved these. We had passenger only regular flip up.
http://www.dodk64.com/

Though you already dismissed them.
The passenger boards look good, but I cant stand up on those driver boards when I have an emergency. A few months back I had to "dirt it" through some rough stuff to avoid an accident and the old dirtbike rider days came out. It wasn't pretty and sounded worse, but we both made it through still upright. :cool:

·
Registered
596 Posts
I stand on those driver boards all the time.
When I need to stretch my legs, my knees get stiff and my ass hurts.
I often stand up before entering a town just to loosen up a bit in case I have to stop at a light or something.
They also make it much easier pulling away than the pegs.
Needless to say as a driver I love EM.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
The passenger boards look good, but I cant stand up on those driver boards when I have an emergency. A few months back I had to "dirt it" through some rough stuff to avoid an accident and the old dirtbike rider days came out. It wasn't pretty and sounded worse, but we both made it through still upright. :cool:
Sorry I thought you were looking for passenger Floor Boards. We bought the passenger Floor boards only.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts