BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to get parts?

BMW Chicago typically has the price, but takes for-ever.
Suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
drmajor said:
Where is the best place to get parts?

BMW Chicago typically has the price, but takes for-ever.
Suggestions?
I've had EXCELLENT service from Chicago BMW over the past year or so - prior to that they did not have their act together. I remember speaking to their parts manager a while back and he said they had gotten the message from a lot of unhappy customers - as far as I'm concerned they are my go to source - and especially for 20%...

All the parts come from the same source anyway - unless of course they have to be shipped from Germany - which CAN take time. Dealers are carrying very little inventory except for known consumables they need on a daily basis in their shop.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,549 Posts
I switched to MAX BMW in New England after I gave up on the Chicago crew.

Best from Tucson
Bob
 

·
Registered
1999 LTC
Joined
·
14,456 Posts
+1 for Bentonville - be sure and ask for Denise and if you talk nice, she just 'may' offer a slight discount. ;)

Also, don't forget one of our forum's advertisers - Beemerboneyard - if you're in need of routine maintenance items.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
+1 on getting excellent service from Chicago BMW. Plus they give a 20% discount (cannot advertise that fact).

The problem you can run into is that the dealer doesnt stock "unusual parts", those not ordered frequently. So they have to go to BMW North America, which takes time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
601 Posts
sully2028 said:
+1 on getting excellent service from Chicago BMW. Plus they give a 20% discount (cannot advertise that fact).

The problem you can run into is that the dealer doesnt stock "unusual parts", those not ordered frequently. So they have to go to BMW North America, which takes time.
+2 Just ordered fork seals and dust covers. On my doorstep in 4 days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
155 Posts
Denise at Bentonville has purchased a couple of my LT Trunk Latch kits for customers' bikes. Always a pleasure to deal with and they were very patient when I had my machine down for repairs!....Good people! :wave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,740 Posts
+1 Bobs BMW

Order parts on Monday mid day, Fedex delivered them by dinner time in Tuesday
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
I've had good luck with Denise at Bentonville. I had to wait about a week on one part, but she told me that up front.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,597 Posts
RonKMiller said:
I've had EXCELLENT service from Chicago BMW over the past year or so - prior to that they did not have their act together. I remember speaking to their parts manager a while back and he said they had gotten the message from a lot of unhappy customers - as far as I'm concerned they are my go to source - and especially for 20%...

All the parts come from the same source anyway - unless of course they have to be shipped from Germany - which CAN take time. Dealers are carrying very little inventory except for known consumables they need on a daily basis in their shop.
Same here. I bought my CB from them and a number of other parts (fairing screws, etc.) and have seldom waited even two weeks to receive the parts and these were parts they had to order from BMW and wait for prior to shipping to me. Parts they have in stock have arrived in less than a week. Not Amazon, but perfectly acceptable to me given the 20% discount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
Voyager said:
Same here. I bought my CB from them and a number of other parts (fairing screws, etc.) and have seldom waited even two weeks to receive the parts and these were parts they had to order from BMW and wait for prior to shipping to me. Parts they have in stock have arrived in less than a week. Not Amazon, but perfectly acceptable to me given the 20% discount.
Man, I know I'm gettin' old since I actually know what a CB is. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,424 Posts
RonKMiller said:
Man, I know I'm gettin' old since I actually know what a CB is. :D
Yeah, but do you know how to use it? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
607 Posts
Steve_R said:
Yeah, but do you know how to use it? :p

I still know my DAD's CB License number from the early 70's...KBX712niner
 

·
Enjoy The Ride
Joined
·
3,977 Posts
GlennM86 said:
I still know my DAD's CB License number from the early 70's...KBX712niner
I still got my CB license from the 70s somewhere but I can't remember the number. BTW that's where the name Saddleman came from. When I couldn't think of a handle for my first CB that's what my buddies came up with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,106 Posts
Kci 5453
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
saddleman said:
I still got my CB license from the 70s somewhere but I can't remember the number. BTW that's where the name Saddleman came from. When I couldn't think of a handle for my first CB that's what my buddies came up with.
EWWwwww, that's kind of kinky Dave - butt only in a "2011" kind of way, good buddy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,285 Posts
Steve_R said:
Yeah, but do you know how to use it? :p
10-4 good buddy, I got the petal to the metal and I'm eyeballing a bear in the air lookin' to give me some green stamps! :rotf:

Damn, that was good clean fun - kept me entertained for hours traveling cross country in my Jeepster Commando! Just like this one - Buick V6 and all - and enough room in the back (with the seats removed) for Suzi... ;)
 

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top