BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a maroon (sic). I have been unable to set the clock since I got my bike so following the advice of a previous thread I discovered that whatever transfers the pressure from the little rubber covers over the switches on the dash are missing. I tried a few things such as short pieces of toothpick, and a few other pieces of flotsam and jetsam I had laying around. Wasn't impressed with anything I found so I just stuffed the rubber covers back over the holes with the intention of getting the correct parts.

I did not fully seat the rubber covers and when my dear wife (now this is embarrassing) washed the bike for me prior to a road trip she apparently rubbed the little covers out of the holes. I admonished her strongly for this (NOT)!

So I need to know where to find an illustrated breakdown with part numbers so I can get these parts ordered

BTW, I did set the clock!

Loren

·
Registered
705 Posts
You "might" be able to get the rubber plugs, but I don't think they are offered alone. I know you can't order the little plastic pieces that transfer the pressure to the clock buttons. I used some pieces from the plastic that holds parts to models, (cars, planes, etc.).

wa1200lt said:
I am a maroon (sic). I have been unable to set the clock since I got my bike so following the advice of a previous thread I discovered that whatever transfers the pressure from the little rubber covers over the switches on the dash are missing. I tried a few things such as short pieces of toothpick, and a few other pieces of flotsam and jetsam I had laying around. Wasn't impressed with anything I found so I just stuffed the rubber covers back over the holes with the intention of getting the correct parts.

I did not fully seat the rubber covers and when my dear wife (now this is embarrassing) washed the bike for me prior to a road trip she apparently rubbed the little covers out of the holes. I admonished her strongly for this (NOT)!

So I need to know where to find an illustrated breakdown with part numbers so I can get these parts ordered

BTW, I did set the clock!

Loren

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks George. Found the fiche at MAX'S BMW. $2.30 each for the plunger covers but no plungers listed. Do you remember how long the plungers were?

Loren

·
Registered
705 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Thanks George. Found the fiche at MAX'S BMW. $2.30 each for the plunger covers but no plungers listed. Do you remember how long the plungers were?

Loren
I experimented with the length. I put a small drill bit in the hole and used it to figure out the distance from the button on the clock to the face of the plastic, then made a piece a little longer. It's been a while since I did it, but somewhere in the 3/8 of inch range is about right, I think. If you buy a new clock they come with it :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Your wife washed your bike! I have never heard of that happening before. Don't let that one get away!

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks George. I'll measure using your method and put a little piece of model flashing to fill the void.

Tony, not only did she wash it for me she used the chamois to dry it! No water spots and looked great! Do you think I dare hold a little wax on wax off sessiion or should I just chalk it up to a one time anomaly?........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts