BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

Parts For LT'S

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Bighopper 
#1 ·
Is There Anywhere In Canada That Sells Parts For The K1200lt Other Than The Dealer. I Noticed A Big Disparity In Prices From The Dealer I Deal With And Prices From The U.S. The Prices Are 50% Higher Here Than In The U.S.
Rolly

#2 ·
Rolly said:
Is There Anywhere In Canada That Sells Parts For The K1200lt Other Than The Dealer. I Noticed A Big Disparity In Prices From The Dealer I Deal With And Prices From The U.S. The Prices Are 50% Higher Here Than In The U.S.
Rolly
I buy my parts from MAX BMW for half the price or more than the Canadian dealers, Also they have everything in stock and I can have it in a couple days. Just remember to have it shipped USPS so you don't get dinged on the brokerage fees. Even with brokerage, taxes and shipping, I find the price more than 1/2 the Canadian dealers. Also that the CDN $ is high the savings will be even greater.

I ordered a part from Daytona BMW on a Monday at 11:00 am I had it in my hand at 11:00 am the next day and it was still more than 1/2 the Canadian price.

Garry

#3 ·
Rolly,

If you just need maintenance parts,
http://www.beemerboneyard.com/
has reasonable prices. I have used them for tune up kits for my RT and a friend of mine uses them for his LT. I believe he picked up a spare final drive from them as well. They have always been a good company to deal with for us.

If you need a more specific part for your LT, you have an excuse to drive through Port Huron down to Detroit BMW. Usually if your declared value is under $100 they don`t seem to stop you at customs for the tax.

Part prices have just gone up in the US as well, but I think you still save about 20-25 %. You can set up a mail drop in Port Huron to save on shipping charges to Canada, which are usually expensive. If you ship to Canada have it shipped by USPS and save brokerage fees.

Garry, I got distracted and you posted first. Rolly you are a half hour down the road we will have to meet some time.

#4 ·
garry_kramer said:
I buy my parts from MAX BMW for half the price or more than the Canadian dealers, Also they have everything in stock and I can have it in a couple days. Just remember to have it shipped USPS so you don't get dinged on the brokerage fees. Even with brokerage, taxes and shipping, I find the price more than 1/2 the Canadian dealers. Also that the CDN $ is high the savings will be even greater.

I ordered a part from Daytona BMW on a Monday at 11:00 am I had it in my hand at 11:00 am the next day and it was still more than 1/2 the Canadian price.

Garry
Garry,

I ordered exhaust valves and guides, for my airhead, from Max BMW 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for them. :(

#5 ·
Just did my Intake Cam Followers, had to replace 6. Local cost was $22.38ea with club discount, regular was $24. I see Max is $21.30 plus S&H. I was thinking the local was way too much, but from checking a number of online places they aren't that far off, even front & rear pads weren't too far different....$280 for the front & rears is a little much :wow:
I think I'll do after market for those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.