BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know this one has been beat to death, but I want to be sure I get the correct part. I am getting ready to do the weep hole in the clutch slave. I have tried to research the seal P/N and have come up with 23 12 7 656 019. The seal to which I am referring is the one that the clutch rod passes through and in John Z's (excellent) video is shown being removed and replaced.

Is this the correct P/N and where would I order one from? I see that the boneyard only has the complete slave cylinders. I am not having any problems or leaks, just doing some preventive maint.

Are there any other parts that I should order? Whilst I have the wood stove fired up in the shop, I want to Git er Done (right)!!

TIA

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,109 Posts
Bill,

The correct PN is 23127705085 for the seal that faces the slave cylinder. A dealer is your best bet. If you have it apart and can't find one locally I alway have one on hand and I could send it to you.

I cannot find what the other PN is for. Where did you find it?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Boatzo said:
OK, I know this one has been beat to death, but I want to be sure I get the correct part. I am getting ready to do the weep hole in the clutch slave. I have tried to research the seal P/N and have come up with 23 12 7 656 019. The seal to which I am referring is the one that the clutch rod passes through and in John Z's (excellent) video is shown being removed and replaced.

Is this the correct P/N and where would I order one from? I see that the boneyard only has the complete slave cylinders. I am not having any problems or leaks, just doing some preventive maint.

Are there any other parts that I should order? Whilst I have the wood stove fired up in the shop, I want to Git er Done (right)!!

TIA

I believe the part number you have here (per lookup on Chicago BMW site) is for the shaft seal.. I am not sure if that is the felt seal that slides on the pushrod that it sounds like you are wanting.. In the parts lookup picture from A&S this is displayed:
23211230440 FELTRING 1 $3.97ADD TO CART
The 23211230440 felt ring goes into a groove on the new pushrod 21527659113 (does not apply to all models). Old pushrod may not have the groove. Price is sold as EACH...

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzeiler said:
Bill,

The correct PN is 23127705085 for the seal that faces the slave cylinder. A dealer is your best bet. If you have it apart and can't find one locally I alway have one on hand and I could send it to you.

I cannot find what the other PN is for. Where did you find it?
Hi John, thanks for the response. I do not have the bike apart yet. I am trying to get my S*** together (if that is possible) but thanks for the offer. I'll call Morton's and order it.

I found the other P/N in this thread http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19890 Post by DAMAN part way down the posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Billd,

Thanks for the look up, it is not the felt seal that I am looking for. I cannot find the seal in the parts look up, but John Z has furnished the P/N

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,109 Posts
That must have been an older PN that Dman had listed but the dimentions of 17x28x7 are correct for the one I gave you. They are both listed under #10 on the diagram you just have to sort out which one based on the dimentions. The other one, 25x40x6, is for the one at the drive shaft output.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks again John, I get it ordered.

Merry Christmas :bmw:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
jzeiler said:
That must have been an older PN that Dman had listed but the dimentions of 17x28x7 are correct for the one I gave you. They are both listed under #10 on the diagram you just have to sort out which one based on the dimentions. The other one, 25x40x6, is for the one at the drive shaft output.
Hi John,

I discovered that Morton's BMW in Fredericksburg, VA now has the BMW parts fiche on their web site. They are my local (90 miles away) dealer and I like to deal with them and they are working on getting on line ordering set up. (FYI for our VA and southern MD members)
In any case, I discovered in the fiche, that I had been looking under CLUTCH and that is why I couldn't find the seal. Thanks for your information on the correct size of the seal as there are about 3 of them listed in diagram #10. I never would have known which one without your help.

Also, on the parts list, that number ending in 019, that I originally questioned, is listed as an OLD P/N.

This forum and the folks on here ROCK. All the various input and technical information provided is so helpful. THANKS TO ALL AND A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts