BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to drill the weep hole today/tomorrow. As part of that I understand that you are supposed to replace the gasket in the slave cylinder? If so, does any have the part number so I can get it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hmmm, I just saw a post where Dave S. indicated he would not change the seal. So it really is just drilling the hole?

If you find fluid you would replace the hole unit?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
If I had spent all that time getting to the slave cylinder, I would change out the seal.

If you need part numbers look at www.realoem.com.
You can probably give your local dealer a call to see if they have parts in stock if you need something in a hurry.
If you decide to change out the seal, take it with you to compare it to what the dealer has just to make sure you are getting the right one. It is not fun to get all the way home just to find the seal is the wrong one and you have to go back.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It is not that critical. If you can remove the old one without tearing it, just reuse it. You can also pick up some gasket paper at your local auto store and cut one out yourself. You can find all the part numbers in the procedure I wrote a couple of years ago.

BMW Part Number - 23122352156

Kevin

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Sorry Tom,, I was reading your #2 thread where you mentioned "seal", I thought you were referring to the output shaft seal not the paper gasket around the slave. If the gasket is in good shape then there is no need to put a new one in as others have mentioned...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts