BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Usually lurk, but got a weird problem. 2001 LT with Bushtec harness installed. On my trip back from the National, I was told my lights were out on the bike. Checked it out when I got home and the following:
1) parking lights out front and rear on the bike, brakes work fine and the turn signals on front work fine.
2) with the trailer hooked up, the parking lights on the trailer work, the harness is wired into the the bike wiring harness at the right passenger seat. The bike parking lights do not work with the trailer hooked up.
3) checked continuity of the bulbs and the fuse and they are ok.
4) disconnected the trailer wiring harness and the parking lights are still out.
I don't have an electrical schematic, but am at a loss to explain unless there is a ground problem, but how come the parking light circuit to the trailer works??
Any suggestions would be most appreciated. Best, Bob

·
Registered
353 Posts
I would start by checking for voltage after where the trailer lights are hooked in. As for the front parking lights try for voltage right at the sockets and work from there.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
Are you sure you have running lights on the bike? Check the bulbs and see if they are single filament 1156 bulbs or if they're double filament 1157 bulbs. If there's only one filament you won't have running lights- just turn signals.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts