BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you won't know this, but if you turn your key all the way to the left, it activates a small headlight parking light and single rear tail light. The way I know it is that my circuit is dead. I can't imagine that such a small circuit has it's own fuse, and can't find anything else out on the bike. Any leads to the problem??

The reason I'm asking, is that I was going to wire the center tail light to the brake lights, so I have three across when braking. I got into it, and found the dead circuit.

Opinions?

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Consider this a blessing. It has happened on way more than a few occasions that the key has been left in the far left position, the rider has gone off to take care of business for a few hours only to return to find the battery dead.

Loren

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Which is exactly why I replaced the two parking lamp with try-head LED units. As worthless as the original bulbs, but do not draw very much power at all. I used the same bulbs I used to re-do my dash lamps on my prior '00.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,341 Posts
Need to know the year as the late 2001 on use the ABS to control the rear center light. It also monitors it for burnout (hold over from the RS model that uses the same ABS unit).

If you have an early (99-2001) fuse F2 is what you want to check as it feeds both the lights direct.

Same fuse for the front light direct on the later bikes but for the rear light it goes from the fuse to the ABS and then to the rear light.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts