BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the UK and have a 2005 R1200ST my problem is it is over 15 years old ...,I have been looking for panniers all over the place , i tried Hepco and Becker apparently they do not make a pannier frame for the ST ,so thats out ...i have also looked on EBay no luck there ,...Givi do not even list the bike so no chance of panniers there ...
At the moment i am awaiting a reply from a bike breakers ......
One of my questions is at the back of the bike are two square lugs sticking out with a hole in them , is this where the pannier locate or is there metal frame work that fits to them and the panniers locate on that
I ask this as in case the breakers have the panniers and no frame if one is needed, i have searched all over the internet for fixing instructions and cannot find them anywhere ..
.I know that the ST is a rare bike as only made for a short time and not many about in UK
Hopefully some one may have had a, ST and know how the panniers fit to the bike ,or if a frame is required would another model fit the ST
The photo shows the lugs i have mentioned

·
Registered
293 Posts
You're in the U.K., right? Maybe you don't want to hear this, but you can buy a pair of original BMW panniers for £512.
Website says they are in stock.

On your other question, I'm pretty sure the ST cases hang the same way as the RT cases. Here's a YouTube vid showing how the RT cases hang.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're in the U.K., right? Maybe you don't want to hear this, but you can buy a pair of original BMW panniers for £512.
Website says they are in stock.

On your other question, I'm pretty sure the ST cases hang the same way as the RT cases. Here's a YouTube vid showing how the RT cases hang.

Thank you drone That is all helpful stuff it looks like the sqaure lugs are the mounting point for the panniers , i also heard back from the breakers that they can do the panniers and they are colour coded plus codeable locks and a couplke of other items i want for about the same price same price

·
Registered
293 Posts
Sounds like you have it squared away. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts