BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,

I need some help... A bit of history:

I just picked up a 2011 RT with essentially all the options. However, I did not opt to purchase the BMW Bluetooth headsets since they will not confirm that they will work with any helmet other than the one made for BMW by Schuberth. If you buy their setup, two comm equipped helmets run about $2,100! :(

I was told by the dealership that I could pair a single Cardo G4 to the bike, which would allow me to hear what ever was selected through the audio system as well as Nav IV instructions. In fact when I placed the order for the bike a couple of months ago, the dealership confirmed this with Cardo.

The passenger would not be able to pair with the BMW audio system but would be able to communicate with the rider and plug an audio source into the their headset.

Considering that I could use my own helmets and the G4 Powerset only costs about $400, it made sense so that is the route that I decided to go.

Fast forward to today:

I tried unsuccessfully to pair a single G4 to the RT audio system. So I called Cardo and they informed that I was the third call that they received today for the same thing. Of course, I am not sure what to believe, but according to Cardo, for some reason the systems just stopped talking together...

Anybody have any suggestions or experience with this issue?

Thanks!

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
I do not have an answer for you but the dealer here in Austin has paired the G4 several times with the RT. You can Call Lone Star BMW here in Austin & ask for Robert in Parts or Eric in Sales 512-451-7979. They both have done it. They are open Tuesday - Sat 9:30 to 6:00

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have paired the G4 to both the RT audio system and the BMW nav system. You can only pair with one system not both. Clear the G4 of all pairings then pair with the RT audio system or the BMW Nav system. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts