BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody had the same experiences as me with trying to pair bluetooth BMW helmets with the K1600 audio system? I have a BMW System 6 helmet for me and a BMW System 5 for my partner, each with the BMW communicator fitted (last week!). I also have the Nav IV and an iPhone. Even though I very carefully followed the pairing instructions in the Pairing manual, I can not get the System 5 to pair with the audio system. The audio system recognises the helmet but I can't get the helmet to pair and get "unsuccessful" each time. The System 5 will pair with the System 6 but just not with the bike. I religiously switched off the Nav IV and the iPhone while attempting to pair the System 5 with the bike. Any words of advice?

·
Registered
112 Posts
mjbwatson said:
Anybody had the same experiences as me with trying to pair bluetooth BMW helmets with the K1600 audio system? I have a BMW System 6 helmet for me and a BMW System 5 for my partner, each with the BMW communicator fitted (last week!). I also have the Nav IV and an iPhone. Even though I very carefully followed the pairing instructions in the Pairing manual, I can not get the System 5 to pair with the audio system. The audio system recognises the helmet but I can't get the helmet to pair and get "unsuccessful" each time. The System 5 will pair with the System 6 but just not with the bike. I religiously switched off the Nav IV and the iPhone while attempting to pair the System 5 with the bike. Any words of advice?
The System 5 may not be A2DP compliant (supporting stereo). I experienced the same thing with the Cardo Q2; bike would see it but report "unsuccessful" pairing. I understand that the Cardo G4, which is A2DP compliant, will pair. Could be the same problem?

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I have my Cardo G4 paired with my Nav IV no problem. Paired my Samsung Wave with Nav IV no problem.Phone and GPS work great. I paired my G4 with the GTL, paired no problem, but it does not play through the G4. Haven't had a chance to figure out why it isn't working.

Garry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eureka - finally solved the problem. Apparently there are two circuit boards available for the System 5 BT kit. You need to make sure that the circuit board used is the same as the one in the System 6 BT kit. If this is done, the System 5 will connect to the bike's audio system via BT. Big round of applause to Coopers of Tunbridge Wells for spotting that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts