BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got in the Sena SHM10 for my wife and I. When i try to pair the second helmet display on bike says"Unable" First helmet no problem.
Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible for driver and passenger to listen to bike radio via bluetooth?

Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Daaron said:
I just got in the Sena SHM10 for my wife and I. When i try to pair the second helmet display on bike says"Unable" First helmet no problem.
Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible for driver and passenger to listen to bike radio via bluetooth?

Thanks for any help.
You will not be able to pair both helmets to the radio. The radio is only able to see one headset. If you are hooked up to the radio try turning on your wifes headset to intercom & see if she can hear the radio from your Sena device. My wife uses a bluetooth MP3 & when I try to contact her on the intercom I hear her music until she triggers her intercom.

·
Registered
112 Posts
If you use non-BMW headsets, only one can be paired with the audio system. If you use BMW Communicator headsets (not yet available in the US) then two headsets can be paired with the audio system.

From the audio manual:

"Invariably, only one other-make
communication system can be
paired to the audio system. Pairing
to a second helmet is not
supported even in the case of
systems that are complaint with
the Bluetooth 2.0 standard."

Check both the Audio System manual and the Supplemental Bluetooth Pairing manual for more info.

Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts