BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 2009 K1200LT. I've layed it down and I want to replace the painted body panels. I thought I would save about $500.00 and purchase the primed body panels and take them to a paint shop to have them painted.

The problem is in the color matching. Does BMW have color ID for the bottom body panels color? Do they sell the paint and clear coat?

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Steve

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
smartypants said:
Hi,

I have a 2009 K1200LT. I've layed it down and I want to replace the painted body panels. I thought I would save about $500.00 and purchase the primed body panels and take them to a paint shop to have them painted.

The problem is in the color matching. Does BMW have color ID for the bottom body panels color? Do they sell the paint and clear coat?

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Steve
You won't "save" any money this way.....better off buying painted to match. You will save some buy repairing&repainting your panels, if they are repairable. Average cost for repairable panels is 300.00 for the first panel and 150.00 for each additional.....ballpark ;)

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
I would think any good shop could find or get the codes. Most good shops use a computer to match paint and it is pretty close.

You just may want to paint it all at that point and with all the Metallic, Ghosting, and colors out there you may just find something that really calls your name.

I drool over my sons Honda I just had it painted a ghost metallic. Man sometimes you look at it and it is just a nice beige, and you move a half step and it just blows out 4 different colors of metal flake.

Not to mention a Theme bike or maybe some Nose Art...............

1 - 3 of 3 Posts