BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got all the pieces back today (Toscana Green to Black) and couldn't be happier with the job. It's not for everybody but it suits my career --- now to get it all back together with-out scratches. Photo's attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
346 Posts
Looks like an awesome job! Please post pics when it's all put together. :)

·
Registered
630 Posts
Very nice!!! Anxious to see the finished LT. :cool:

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
jorawro said:
Got all the pieces back today (Toscana Green to Black) and couldn't be happier with the job. It's not for everybody but it suits my career --- now to get it all back together with-out scratches. Photo's attached.
Wow - that painter knowz his stuff. I haven't seen a custom hotrod with flames that even come close to this guyz work. 'Bout the closest are the 'ghost' flames that are the in-thang. They definitely look better than the highly defined flame jobs, butt still don't compare to your job. And I agree, suits your career!! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Roy,

First thing I thought when I got my LT was "damn this would look good with realistic flames". Glad to see someone is trying it. Can't wait to see it all together.

I assembled my share of sport bikes with fresh paint and found that blue painters tape at any areas that might contact each other helped avoid those scratches.

Tim

·
Premium Member
7,819 Posts
Dang...

that looks cooler than cool. I'm not a fan of flame paint jobs in their various forms, but I truly like the understated way that new paint job looks.

Well done. Yeah, let's see photos when it's assembled.

·
Registered
58 Posts
When you said you were painting your bike, I think you made a point of describing it as FIRE as opposed to flames. You definitely got that effect.
It looks really good!
I'd like to have a look some time when I'm through Strathmore.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts