BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going on a little cruise the week following Memorial Day.Leaving from Mpls..Any must see's on the way,route suggestions ,or best roads not to miss in the Ozark Mountains?Any and all suggestions appreciated.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Howdy :wave

Just got back from the Ozarks on Thurs. We stayed at a Motel in Kimberling City, MO., that caters to motorcycle riders. The owners are great people and have riding maps that range from 2-8 hours. Lots of good riding in that area.

Chris Ogle

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
ChiefMn said:
We're going on a little cruise the week following Memorial Day.Leaving from Mpls..Any must see's on the way,route suggestions ,or best roads not to miss in the Ozark Mountains?Any and all suggestions appreciated.
Miles and miles of awesome m/c roads in the Ozarks. Just grab a map of the lower MO and upper AR areas and you'll start drooling!! A fav road of mine, that wuz shared with me by Gary and Mary Droege up in KC area, is MO 125. We used to have a morning tour of the Bass Pro shop in Springfield; then lunch south of Branson in Ozark at 'Lambert's, the Home of the Throwed Rolls'. After lunch, a short run east over to MO 125 and head south. Minimal traffic (we've only done it on weekends) and plenty of sweeping and swooping curves and topo changes. You'll get to load first on a short ferry barge across a lake Bull Shoals waterway, and continue on into AR. Run west thru Harrison on 62 and spend some time over in Eureka Springs. If you need to m/c window shop, or you need any m/c goodies, run over to Bentonville BMW in .... yep, Bentonville .... and have a chat with Denise and say "Hi" from us Tejas Hill Country hoodlums. 62 is also the road outta E.S. over to Rogers AR and up to Bentonville. It'll get your adrenaline pump working. On the way back to E.S., stop by the Pea Ridge National Military Park and tour the Civil War Battle area which secured MO for the Union in 1862. Now stay tuned for some other suggestions from folks in the area. Have a great vacation.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Dick said:
Miles and miles of awesome m/c roads in the Ozarks. Just grab a map of the lower MO and upper AR areas and you'll start drooling!! A fav road of mine, that wuz shared with me by Gary and Mary Droege up in KC area, is MO 125. We used to have a morning tour of the Bass Pro shop in Springfield; then lunch south of Branson in Ozark at 'Lambert's, the Home of the Throwed Rolls'. After lunch, a short run east over to MO 125 and head south. Minimal traffic (we've only done it on weekends) and plenty of sweeping and swooping curves and topo changes. You'll get to load first on a short ferry barge across a lake Bull Shoals waterway, and continue on into AR. Run west thru Harrison on 62 and spend some time over in Eureka Springs. If you need to m/c window shop, or you need any m/c goodies, run over to Bentonville BMW in .... yep, Bentonville .... and have a chat with Denise and say "Hi" from us Tejas Hill Country hoodlums. 62 is also the road outta E.S. over to Rogers AR and up to Bentonville. It'll get your adrenaline pump working. On the way back to E.S., stop by the Pea Ridge National Military Park and tour the Civil War Battle area which secured MO for the Union in 1862. Now stay tuned for some other suggestions from folks in the area. Have a great vacation.
Just about anywhere in the Arkansas/Mo. area are really good. Came back through there a couple of years ago on the LT and rode state highways all the way, except when I headed towards St. Louis. Roads are in exceptional good shape...especially when you compare them to Illinois roads. Linda Lou is retiring in 8 1/2 days and we may have to hit the Ozarks on the bike this summer. Not that far from here. Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Hello Jeff

Dick is on the money ,MO 125 is a very good ride ,from Springfield MO to Yellville AK everything that the Tail of the Dragon is but longer and less traffic and plus a free ferry boat ride , it runs about every 30 minutes daylight hours only (last free ferry in AK)

Best Regards

Bob G

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
OK, Just so you'll know these guys ain't lyin'....

The late Jeff Egan (RIP Jeff ) Introduced us to that road on one of the Peckergnat Reunions..

We didn't see a single LEO all day and the Texas gang rides like banshee's.....

But wear your riding shoes.. It's a blast to ride but will require your full attention... When we stopped for a break I was starting to get a little motion sickness...Too fun....

John

·
Premium Member
684 Posts
Keep in mind that many areas around the Mississippi River are in flood right now. If your travels take you close to the flood areas, you may find issues finding lodging or fuel (due to power outages), for example.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.Perzackly what I was looking for.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts