BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm look at ordering a pair of the Wunderlich lowing footpegs, 31410-101.
For those that have these on the RT, is there any concern or difficulty lowering the side stand?
Looking at images of the new position, it seems to be directly above the standoff that is used to extend the side stand.
I don't have the Wunderlich foot enlargement pad and I assume that it may be a case of needing to lower the side stand from the lower foot pad, instead of using the standoff.
Any user thoughts appreciated...

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have them installed on my 2021 and there is no issues at all on how the sidestand functions. I was sold on the Wunderlich just because of how they adjusted for the brake lever. Works perfectly. The lowering pegs not only lower the footpegs they also move them out about a half inch.

·
Registered
853 Posts
My question is: What do you do about the foot brake lever and the shift lever if you get the 50mm extension--as far forward as possible?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I also have the same foot pegs on my 2018 RT. No issues at all with clearance. You will need to add the brake master cylinder relocation kit. I think it is a well designed relocation kit. I was able to adjust the shifter lever enough. I had purchased the Urban Machinery adjuster extender thinking I might need it. I still have it in its original packaging if anyone is interested.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Is there a reason you don't consider a sidestand foot Mark?
I have the lowering kit and the Illium Works foot.
Works great.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is there a reason you don't consider a sidestand foot Mark?
Steve,
None at all.
At the moment I carry a steel plate in the tool bag, just incase I have to park on a soft surface.
I'll wait till the Wunderlich pegs arrive and then look at the next purchase..:)

Mark

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like I'll be waiting about a month.. Kit is on back order and not expected to arrive in Australia until mid Aug.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Hmm. Since you have that much time, I'd suggest the Illium foot now and learn the best way to deploy and retract it...(y)

This one.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Shipping half way around the world and US=AUD conversion sounds like a lot doesn't it?
Then again, in the long run, being able to deploy and retract your sidestand easier and provide a larger footprint to stabilize the bike over that one softer than expected parking spot might save you a significant cost in plastic bits if your scooter fell.
IMO, it's worth it. ¯\(?)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Shipping half way around the world and US=AUD conversion sounds like a lot doesn't it?
Then again, in the long run, being able to deploy and retract your sidestand easier and provide a larger footprint to stabilize the bike over that one softer than expected parking spot might save you a significant cost in plastic bits if your scooter fell.
IMO, it's worth it. ¯\(?)
Shipping anything here from the USA along with the exchange rates we cop a10% duty to import anything then USP usually cost near as much as the items their self a good example would be I bought an Ilium Works Heel / Toe shifter that was $190.00 USD by the time it landed here with postage and exchange rates etc it cost me cost to $450.00 AUD.
Wunderlich have an Australian distributor and that is Pro Cycles in Sydney but the cost-saving is not that much other than we don't pay the postage from the USA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts