BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just purchased a new to me 02 LTC, is there any way to economically get an original owners manual or facsimile?

·
Premium Member
2,942 Posts
There is some info on this site with respect to programming the radio in The Hall Of Wisdom (HOW) and simple maintenance tasks & intervals but your best bet is to order one of these.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
davewrit said:
Having just purchased a new to me 02 LTC, is there any way to economically get an original owners manual or facsimile?
Google is your friend...try searching you should find one.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the factory service manual on CD and the Clymer manual, but I don't have the rider's manual and haven't been able to find one (for a 2000).

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
189 Posts
I found a pdf document that says 'Repair Manual K1200LT' in english, published by BMW AG Motorcycle Division and then 'Produced in Germany 7/99' which could be a date, meaning that it might not be accurate for the later LT's. However, I presume a great part of it remains valid till the 2009 model.

The web link is http://www.bmwmotorradclubvicenza.it/images/stories/Officina/BMW_K1200LT_ENG.pdf

Maybe this helps?

·
Registered
335 Posts
The links that Steve and Dick sent you are for the Owners Manuals that you originally asked for. They are the ones that should have been provided to the original owner when the LT was first put into service. And the plural form (manuals) is correct here since your bike would have come with both books. Those things have a lot of good information, and I would want to have them, too. The link you posted is to the repair manual, like what the mechanics in the BMW shop will use for specs and instructions for the 1999 through 2004 LT. It is not a substitute for the Owners Manual. Both books are valuable references. The Owners Manuals are sized to fit in the pocket behind the mirror in your top case, so that you can carry them with you all the time.

Enjoy the ride.

Tips

·
Premium Member
4,970 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,970 Posts
So they did!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks guys!

Does anyone have the rider's manual in a pdf form? Let me know and I can pm my e-mail address.

-Joe

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,456 Posts
JoeTerry said:
Thanks guys!

Does anyone have the rider's manual in a pdf form? Let me know and I can pm my e-mail address.

-Joe
I don't ever recall seeing a pdf of either the Rider's booklet, or the Service/Technical booklet. Of all the little booklets that came with the bike at initial sell, or were provided later such as the Comm booklet; the Warranty booklet; or the Radio booklet, I think would've had to been converted from paper copy to a pdf manually. I sent my radio booklet to a member who converted it and then returned the booklet and a pdf copy back to me. Maybe someone has done that with the other booklets, butt I've not heard of it.

·
Registered
494 Posts
PMitchell said:
There is some info on this site with respect to programming the radio in The Hall Of Wisdom (HOW) and simple maintenance tasks & intervals but your best bet is to order one of these.
Dave Wright I sent you a pm I have all of the owners booklets (6) for a 2002 LT.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts