BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a second hand LT (1999) and as usual with second hand vehicles some of the originally supplied manuals and tools have been misplaced. On reading the manual I got with the bike it refers to a suplementary riders manual that contains things like the radio operation etc. Is there on the site a file perhaps of a scanned manual I could download? Any help would be appreciated.

Geoffrey.
Johannesburg, South Africa

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Check Ebay, but you must be comfortable with copyright violation....

Pirates Lair has legal copies for sale at 95 USD.

http://www.piratesk12site.net/

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
I think he's asking for the Rider's Information manual, not the Service manual. Of course, I think the Service manual is indispensable as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Radio manual

:wave I too are looking for the Supplementry Riders manual to understand the functions of the 8 center radio control buttons. Does anyone have a copy that could be scanned and emailed to me???????????? :bmw: I just purchased a 2002 K1200LT and this manual is missing. Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Re: Radio manual

discovery51 said:
:wave I too are looking for the Supplementry Riders manual to understand the functions of the 8 center radio control buttons. Does anyone have a copy that could be scanned and emailed to me???????????? :bmw: I just purchased a 2002 K1200LT and this manual is missing. Thank you for any help.
Doug, I found this file in the 'Files' section listed above. There may be another pdf or two therein also, butt I didn't look for 'em. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Owners manuals can be purchased from A&S for around $26
The radio manual for 02 is free here

·
Registered
78 Posts
With a little searching all manuals can be found online free. BMW doesn't seem to like it so they don't always last long. Seems odd to me, many other manufacturers provide the owner manuals online no charge, it's as if they want you to know how to enjoy their product. Why is BMW so against this?

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
MidnightBarbecue said:
With a little searching all manuals can be found online free. BMW doesn't seem to like it so they don't always last long. Seems odd to me, many other manufacturers provide the owner manuals online no charge, it's as if they want you to know how to enjoy their product. Why is BMW so against this?
Because MOST FREE online manuals are pirated & not authorized by the manufactures.

·
Registered
78 Posts
katnapinn said:
Because MOST FREE online manuals are pirated & not authorized by the manufactures.
Yup I realize this... not saying that part is OK.
My question is why they don't post them themselves? I recently bought a used Ford, went to their site and downloaded all owner manuals for it free. Recently got a phone answering system off eBay, went to the GE site and downloaded the manual. Same thing with a Canon flatbed scanner I found at Goodwill last week, a Casio keyboard last month, and countless other vehicles & consumer products over the years.
Again I pose the question: Why would a manufacturer NOT want an owner to be familiar with the product they own? Especially since there seem to be more warnings and cautions to avoid injury or damage in the BMW manual than useful information!

Oh, BTW I did buy used manuals off eBay for my bike rather than downloading the pirated ones (radio manual is even available on this site) because I prefer the nice, neat, small booklet to carry with me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Some of our most recent users have bought used K1200LT but they don't have the owners manuals. This thread is old but I'm interested in having such manuals in pdf format to give them to our members.

Does anyone has such pdf?

Thanks!

·
Registered
325 Posts
It looks as thought the manuals are only avail in German. I cannot find them on the USA website. Any idea where they are in english? I need one for a 2003 K1200LT.
Thanks

·
Registered
322 Posts
lkniess said:
It looks as thought the manuals are only avail in German. I cannot find them on the USA website. Any idea where they are in english? I need one for a 2003 K1200LT.
Thanks
The manuals with the EN suffix are in english.

·
Registered
325 Posts
All I see are EN manuals for 05 and 08. Is there any difference in the manuals ? I have an 03.
Thanks
Larry

·
Registered
79 Posts
Send me a pM I with email. have PDFs of the 05 09 riders manual, comm 2 system

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello, I know this is an old blog, but u just bought a K1200 LT 2001 and as usual with a used bike, it didn't have any manual at all.
I would lie to know if anyone here has a pdf of the riders manual that can send me.
I appreciate all your comments.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all,

I too have been searching for a Users Manual for my 2004 BMW K1200LT, i have searched on pirate as per below posts but to no avail, I have searched all derivatives in string and can find service manuals and repair manuals but no owners manual.

Having just purchased a very nice low Miles bike, i can work most things out but a manual would be of great assistance

Any help or pointers to find the right address very welcome

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Hi all,

I too have been searching for a Users Manual for my 2004 BMW K1200LT, i have searched on pirate as per below posts but to no avail, I have searched all derivatives in string and can find service manuals and repair manuals but no owners manual.

Having just purchased a very nice low Miles bike, i can work most things out but a manual would be of great assistance

Any help or pointers to find the right address very welcome
Hi.

I have the 2005 owners manuals as a pdf...
so is yours the "older-style" 2004: single dual low/high headlamp, or the updated model (called 2005, but can be built 2004) with seperate low and high-beam lamps?
There's some differences between the 2 models on the dash too, but its mainly facelift stuff...
happy to email you a copy.
cheers
Chris
Sydney

1 - 20 of 25 Posts