BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the owners manual from the bike (downloaded from here) and the manual for the Garmin nav... while the Garmin manual has reference to Bluetooth, the bike manual does not; and there's nothing in there about the audio system at all. And other than what I can gather from some YouTube videos, I don't know how to store favorites or really even use it.

I have a helmet-mounted BT headset connected directly to my mobile phone. I'd like to integrate everything, but I don't know where to start. Is there a separate manual for the audio system?

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
The old BMW site used to allow you to select the radio and other accessories manuals as well as the basic riders manual! It seems that isn't an option with the new site! So, here is the radio manual that I had DLed for my prior '07 RT. I am fairly sure that it's the same radio as yours.

Attachments

Reactions: Hobbomock

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
That's outstanding, thank you! This will help me with the radio operation, but my system is a bit different - different buttons and interface, and your manual doesn't show Bluetooth. I'll bet it's very similar, but the main thing I'm trying to figure right now out is the BT connection and how it works with the nav. Maybe someone out there has the PDF for the 2013.

EDIT: Found it here! No amount of searching uncovered it until just now. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
6,318 Posts
It's slowly coming back to me now! :) Yep, your radio is different (better) than the one on my '07 RT, but I don't think that either one has bluetooth. I am glad that you have found the correct manual, and I am surprised that nobody here had uploaded one for you!

·
Registered
143 Posts
My 2013 has Bluetooth. I tried it once and the quality was terrible with my Cardo helmet communications. I went with the Cardo paired to my Zumo XT as well as my phone and it all works well. I don’t use the BMW audio system at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts