BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok … here’s the challenge. I’m looking for a set of over pants (with removable liners)— “regular” length. The problem is, everything I see is “long” unless you have a 40-inch waist. I want a 42 waist with “regular” inseam length (30”). Any suggestions??, unless I grow some or lose more weight (already down 52 pounds to a 44 waist and striving to hit 42, old over pants are kaput.) Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,575 Posts
I'd check out First Gear Overpants and see if a Cycle Gear or other store will order them in a short version. I know they sell the Talls and believe they are also made in something shorter than regular. Good luck.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hopalong said:
Ok … here’s the challenge. I’m looking for a set of over pants (with removable liners)— “regular” length. The problem is, everything I see is “long” unless you have a 40-inch waist. I want a 42 waist with “regular” inseam length (30”). Any suggestions??, unless I grow some or lose more weight (already down 52 pounds to a 44 waist and striving to hit 42, old over pants are kaput.) Thanks.
I wear a 42" waist and 34" inseam...spent weeks looking at all the local dealers; seems they all were the 30" variety. Finally had the BMW dealer order an extra long pair and they fit nicely and only took a few days to come in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had a problem finding anything short enough. I now have the First Gear Airglide pants -- mesh with pads and an insulated liner. That particular pant has a long section at the bottom that a tailor can shorten. The knee pads seem to be in the right place. For cool days a pair of pants underneath is fine. Even better is a pair of lightweight hiking pants OVER the mesh pants. This has so far been a system that works great from 40 to 95 degress.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Aerostitch from riders warehouse................
They'll taylor 'em to fit you........................
They inisted that I get the legs longer than I thought reasonable, so they shipped me a pair to try on and while they were too long standing, they were perfect while astride my boy. So I went with their suggestion and love 'em. I don't find myself standing up to pull 'em out of my crotch like the Joe Rockets I had. And Karen, who is a far better navigator than I, puts the days driving directions in the map pocket on the leg and I'm good to go...

·
Registered
426 Posts
Jeff, If you do go Aerostitch absolutely go longer as Allan said. Wish I had.

52 pounds wow! good going. I have not seen you since the get together in Bend in June.
I was the guy on the blue scooter asking all the questions. Your answers must have been good as you can see what we bought on July 5th.

Rick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ditto on the Aerostich. They will make 'em to fit ya no matter what size/length you are. Worth the money.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Over the over pants!!

Thanks for the input ... I'll check out your suggestions! The First Gear 50-inch pants are like Bozo pants now, and I've got to make a change ... even though the weather now can quickly become "winter" up here in the PNW, and the fact that I will probably lose another couple of inches on the waist by next spring. Still hope to get a couple more months in of good riding ... don't you know!! Thanks again for the ideas!! Ride safe.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have the First Gear HT Air overpant w/liners and I love them and I have short legs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Personally, I bought Aerostich Darien pants and love them.

I wanted to throw the Cabela choice out there, because nobody has though:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/vertical-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat21082&id=0015720921845a&navCount=3&podId=0015720&parentId=cat250003&navAction=push&catalogCode=XF&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat250003&hasJS=true

They have 330 Cordura and are bib style for a different flavor. They stock small, reg, large lengths as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts