BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
Target fixation.

If he'd have looked through the corner where he wanted to go, rather than at the bicyclists, he'd have made the curve just fine . . .

·
Slow Old Guy
2,012 Posts
I don't understand the problem with that stretch of road. As Ken would agree, I think, that is a really easy curve. There are much tighter sections leading up to that. Normally clear of gravel, good sight line. But as you can tell by the video, a lot of people screw it up.

·
IBR# 366
16,570 Posts
It reminds me of the few times I've ridden The Dragon.

Just another nice stretch of road with some fun curves, and a much bigger reputation than it deserves. And that's what makes it a magnet for all sorts of riders, including those whose egos outweigh their abilities and their experience.

And the proliferation of cameras means that we all get to see the screwups . . .

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've looked at the video several times and the thing that stands out to me is that rider seems to be fixated on the cyclist. As he rounds the turn he appears to be looking straight at the bike. He might of panicked and could not take his eyes off the thing he was trying not to hit.

Greg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts