BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from an 800 mile camping trip and tried to catch up on my reading when I came across the post for the pain in the shoulders and back. I don't suffer that, but I am curious if others get pain in their hips. I can only get about an hour in and need to stand up and stretch. I have the original seat on this 02 lt that I've had for 2 yrs now, and have tried it in both positions and have also tried moving around on the seat. Have tried resting my legs on the j-pegs but they wont stay in place. Should I switch to different pegs,seats or both. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I am 5'11", 285lbs, spend on hour a day in the gym and stay very active. Could afford to lose some weight but dont think that plays a whole lot into the factor when I'm sitting.
Thanks

·
Registered
878 Posts
I have some pain in my hips after riding for a few hours and have found that doing hip stretches help me a great deal. I did an internet search for hip stretch and piriformis stretch and found several exercises that work well for me. I did 180 miles over 2 days on my bicycle this spring and found that my right hip hurt so badly afterwards that I couldn't sleep on my right side. Several weeks of the stretching exercises and the pain went away.

I still get some tightness in my hips but using the Jpegs and moving my feet on the pegs helps me.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I have that pain and it is caused by having to lean forward and reaching for the hand grips. Mine is caused from short arms.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts