BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be picking up my K1200LT in Oregon around the middle of June and returning to home in Illinois. Anybody making that trip or any part of it wish to share the experience? Like to take it slow and easy. i.e. stay within speed limits.
Contact at [email protected]

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You gotta cut me a little slack here John. This is my first BMW, I've been riding a Yamaha. :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yep, after you get aquainted with the LT, I think that you will let it roll a little.
That bike was born for a ride home like that. Enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Might want to invest in a radar detector. Not that you speed, but it's nice to know where to find a cop if you need one. :histerica

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Jmill00 said:
Will be picking up my K1200LT in Oregon around the middle of June and returning to home in Illinois. Anybody making that trip or any part of it wish to share the experience? Like to take it slow and easy. i.e. stay within speed limits.
First time an LT watch your speed. Since the throttle is a dual cable affair the cruise actually rolls the hand grip while accelerating up hills. I f your is resting on the grip it holds the throttle open farther than your set cruise speed and pretty soon you are doing 80 MPH instead of 65 MPH. The fat girl is so smooth you don't evan notice the change until you look at the speedo and go oh shucks....

Would love to join you for the ride since I have family is Boise but alas, work gets in the way of fun..

Ride safe

Roy

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
bigbear said:
First time an LT watch your speed. Since the throttle is a dual cable affair the cruise actually rolls the hand grip while accelerating up hills. I f your is resting on the grip it holds the throttle open farther than your set cruise speed and pretty soon you are doing 80 MPH instead of 65 MPH. The fat girl is so smooth you don't evan notice the change until you look at the speedo and go oh shucks....

Would love to join you for the ride since I have family is Boise but alas, work gets in the way of fun..

Ride safe

Roy
I jumped in with Jack on his trip back home. He says he can put up with me for a few days.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Jmill00 said:
Hi, Where in Oregon are you picking it up? There is a North West forum on here that may be able to help. I've made many coast to coast trips on RT/LT/GT's. I'm willing to ride to the east a bit with you if you want. Be sure to check in on the North West forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.