BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the list for a new Russell custom seat. I just bought a Grey 2005 LT with a soft touch black seat that is very uncomfortable. I decided on the Russell after reading lots of threads, what I am having trouble with is color choice. If anyone has a grey 2005 with a Russell what color did you choose? Are you satisfied, and do you have any pictures that you could forward to me. I want to make an educated decision, but it's tough looking at little samples supplied by Russell.

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RB PM on its way, any input is a help. Do you like the seat?

Rick

·
Registered
577 Posts
when i purchased the Russell seat for my Silver R1200CLC, they were nice enough to send me several samples of different shades of grey and red. I decided on the red insert it looked great and set off the Grey (Silver) bike perfect.

Four days after installing said seat I trashed the bike. seat was repaired and transferred to 04 CL which had a side stand problem that BMW tried to correct and was unable to do this in a timely manner. BMW to make me happy traded my CL for the LT. When and if I replace this seat it will be a Russell with a grey insert.

The seat was sold to a very happy person and looks great on his black bike. Only the seat portion is leather and passenger portion left unchanged just recovered.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Toby,
Thankyou for posting the pictures, they are exactly what I am looking for. Having the seat done in a two tone would be a tough decision, me being on the conservative side, but yours looks great. I take it from your comments that you were pleased with the seat not only for the way it looks but also with the comfort aspect as well. Thanks again for taking the time to forward the pictures.

Rick

·
Registered
577 Posts
Rick,
yes the seat was a big improvement very very comfortable. Even though I did not have it for a long time, (only 5K) on the 04.
Now that I am getting into middle age and my tone is more relaxed -:) I am in need of more comfort for the long rides I have planned and Russell will is on my contact list.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts