BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I re-painted the bottom fairings of the LT in black, am not entirely sure I like the look (though it does make the stainless steel fasteners "pop"). Thought I'd toss it out there for you guys (and gals) to render an opinion...

Attachments

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
petevandyke said:
OK, I re-painted the bottom fairings of the LT in black, am not entirely sure I like the look (though it does make the stainless steel fasteners "pop"). Thought I'd toss it out there for you guys (and gals) to render an opinion...
On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 7
Great idea, not to fond of the color choice but... not sure what color would look any better either :confused:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry....

It looks great, but I like the lighter color on the lowers. What kind of paint did you use?

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think the lighter color picks up the wheels, topcase handles and exposed frame more.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Looks good, thought it was the new Kawasaki Concours at first! As my 03 passes the 50,000 mark, I'm considering a similar theme. I would like to de-chrome my bike,(except the muffler), and repaint the items a satin black along with the lowers.

·
Registered
284 Posts
cool

well....i like it fine....

probly show dirt alot more....thats the one redeeming quality of the stock color....its pretty forgiving on the cleanliness side....

cool tho!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I like it, it matches the other black items on the bike and keeps the colors coordinated.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I like it but I don't love it. I also don't know that I would look at it and know it wasn't stock if I didn't know LT's. Not that that's what you were going for.

·
Registered
43 Posts
good stuff

Look's good to me Only other is chrome(got to polish that, I would rather be riding it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LLLOOOOKKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSWWWoOOoNdddderFuuLLLLLL
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Today was unbelievable Left work early went for 150miles dont get any better cant wait til tomorrow see what it bringssssssssssssssss.
I got the sickness!!!!!!!!!!!!(Grip puppies are good) ;)

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I like it velly, velly much. It's unique, plus it just plains looks good. The very first word that came to mind was "sophisticated". Yeah, it looks cool and sophisticated. :cool:

It also makes the bike look lighter for some reason. Maybe that's why women go with black, and vertical stripes (not those horizontal stripes).

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cfell said:
Ya done went and did it didn't cha!!!????

Nicely done..

Was this "rattle can" or an automotive painter?

two coats of Color-Rite primer and three coats of color-rite black (auto zone).

Neighbor suggested I take them to a local auto body shop and ask them to shoot the pieces the next time they are painting a black car. I thought "hey, great idea." Went to three places after sanding and priming the pieces, told all three "I don't need you to do ANYTHING but shoot the pieces the next time you're already set up to shoot a black car, and I don't even care if it's 'perfect' when you're done, I just want paint on it."

Three estimates. $195, $240 and can you believe it (with the stipulations I gave) $350???

bastards, I could get an entire CAR painted at Earl Schieb twice for that...

based on comments posted on this thread, I've painted half of my body with the same paint in an effort to look lighter...you'll have to wait in anxious anticipation to find out if I kept the lowers black...

tune in same bat time, same bat channel for the verdict...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts