BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it was on the A & S website that I saw maintenance CDs for the LT. I'm wondering if people like 'em.

The monsoon season will be coming to the Puget Sound soon. I had fe200 fog lights on my Concours and was wondering what LT riders use. I'm not looking for driving lights, but rather foggers for better coverage for the roadside edge on my twisty, dark, rainy roads to my home.

I sure see a lot of BMW riders during our wet winters. Mostly RTs and GSs. I'm wondering if my LT is built for a lot of wet riding.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The K1200LT maintenance DVDs sold by Paul Sayegh (search this forum for details) are first rate.

·
Registered
12,165 Posts
smilinkyle said:
I think it was on the A & S website that I saw maintenance CDs for the LT. I'm wondering if people like 'em.

The monsoon season will be coming to the Puget Sound soon. I had fe200 fog lights on my Concours and was wondering what LT riders use. I'm not looking for driving lights, but rather foggers for better coverage for the roadside edge on my twisty, dark, rainy roads to my home.
Helle Micro DE fog lights are GREAT! I had a set mounted under the chin of the LT, on all the time. Great close in fill and side lighting.
I sure see a lot of BMW riders during our wet winters. Mostly RTs and GSs. I'm wondering if my LT is built for a lot of wet riding.
Absolutely! Probably one of the best bikes made for rain riding, more protection than just about any other bike made. Especially better foot protection when moving. The Goldwing is pretty good, but surprisingly one's feet get soaked on the 'Wing long before on the LT. You would think the engine sticking out there would be better, but for some reason it is not. The Aerodynamics of the LT send the water around your feet and legs better.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
As a fellow Pacific Northwester, I commute to Seattle from Enumclaw a couple days a week all winter (unless black ice). Ride 'er in the rain...she loves it!

·
Registered
989 Posts
dshealey said:
... Probably one of the best bikes made for rain riding, more protection than just about any other bike made...
Agree. Cuts nicely through rain.

Plus, the electric windscreen lets you get the edge height just right, allowing to pop your head up for a quick glance through spray and then drop back behind the protection. (being 5'6", I use the BMW short screen).

Of course, having good rain gear should be an obvious requirement.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I added the nightcutters from www.saeng.com they have a driving version and fog light version. I have one of each. Fog on the throttle side and driving on the right. mounted on the mirror bar from raffy who is on this site.
They really light up the night and get the attention of other drivers
The other upper lights are PIAA HID leds that are just different enough to (I feel) to provide a little more attention from the drivers

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts