BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened my christmas presents form my two boys and got some nice things.
First, I bought a Shoei Multitec helmet for myself.

My boys got me a neck warmer, cooling vest and a Flash2pass garage door opener. It opens the garage door by simply pressing your high beams twice.

flash2pass

Has any of you installed it on an LT? I was wondering where is an easy place to find the high beam wire on the LT without removing the headlight housing. There is also a smallish 2 x 2 controller module to zip tie somewhere on the bike. Any help out there?

Thanks

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,601 Posts
You can get to the headlight with out removing any body parts but.... It is a very tight fit to get your hands up in there. I removed the front Fender on mine go bet a little more elbow room when I installed my HID light a few years ago. You will also find a few places to mount the control box up there.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Larry, don't pay any attention to Katnappins advice....... The best way to install the flash 2 pass module would be to haul it over to my place where we can install it on my ride in order to work out all the installation bugs before you order another one to install on YOUR bike!!!! :wave Poor me :(, I have to pull up to the door, open the oddments compartment, push the button, and then ride in the door :crybaby:. You're gonna love it!

While you're over installing the F2P module on my ride we will have to try out some of the techniques on my new Ride Like a Pro DVD. I just have to get me a pair of those boots that the guy wears, and maybe a pair of bloused trousers to complete the look :eek:. Great information and techniques though. Pretty impressive when they ride 4 Harleys, nose to tail, inside a 20 foot diameter circle.

Loren

lkniess said:
I opened my christmas presents form my two boys and got some nice things.
First, I bought a Shoei Multitec helmet for myself.

My boys got me a neck warmer, cooling vest and a Flash2pass garage door opener. It opens the garage door by simply pressing your high beams twice.

flash2pass

Has any of you installed it on an LT? I was wondering where is an easy place to find the high beam wire on the LT without removing the headlight housing. There is also a smallish 2 x 2 controller module to zip tie somewhere on the bike. Any help out there?

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts